NRG Seats ?

askiles

Goblin Guru
Has anyone used NRG seats? Specifically with the DF seat brackets? Wondering if you liked them an would suggest using them to anyone else. Some pics would be great. Thanks!!!

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Well, unless something has changed, the DF brackets are meant to be used for the Corbeau's. I'd imagine they could be adapted to be used...but they mount from the sides. so the NRG's would need to be similar. Most of the NRG's that I've seen also come w fixed brackets.

This is my set up. Then the NRG seats below. You may just do some research and see what the distance for the holes are for each.

askiles

Goblin Guru
Yeah I have a feeling the side mount seat bolt pattern is standard, so most if not all side mount seats would probably work. I could be way off base here...but I don't think I am.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Andy,
I also have been looking at seats recently and I am currently in a toss up between the NRG 300 large and the Procar (Scat) Drifter large seats. The difference in price between them is about $30, but are significantly cheaper than the Corbeaus. I need the larger seats, as I have discussed in several forum threads. From my research, the NRGs are 21.5 inches wide - possibly too wide for the Goblin - and the Procars are 19.5 inches wide, which should just fit according to the forum information. The biggest difference for me is the Procar seats are almost 2 inches taller in the seatback than the NRGs, which I also require. Both the NRG and Procar seats are fiberglass buckets with a fixed back, having the similar side mounts as the Corbeau FX1 seats. The standard size NRG seats will probably be very close to a bolt in replacement for the Corbeaus, the DF seat rails will most likely work with either brand of seat - possibly with some minor mods.

Last edited:

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
So the NRG FRP-301 seats bolt right up to the DF seat brackets. As I suspected, the NRG seat and the Corbeau are the same dimensions for the most part. I had to figure out the puzzle of which seat bracket goes where, but I am pretty sure I have it figured out now.
Those look good. Good price for seats too

Anks329

So the NRG FRP-301 seats bolt right up to the DF seat brackets. As I suspected, the NRG seat and the Corbeau are the same dimensions for the most part. I had to figure out the puzzle of which seat bracket goes where, but I am pretty sure I have it figured out now.
These seats look awesome! The seat brackets that you used, are they a part of the base kit? I don't see an option to order just seat brackets, only the various Corbeau seat packages which include the seats themselves.

Thanks!

askiles

Goblin Guru
These seats look awesome! The seat brackets that you used, are they a part of the base kit? I don't see an option to order just seat brackets, only the various Corbeau seat packages which include the seats themselves.

Thanks!
They are not part of the base kit. They had to be ordered from DF separately. Message Adam.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Hey Askiles,
I'm liking your seat choice but prefer suede/alcantara. The NRG website has the FRP-302BK-PRISMA with measurement specs but doesn't list the measurement specs for the 301's so I can't tell if they're based off the same base size or not.

What's the measurement of your seat from the point of where the brackets attach on the side?

The Prisma's sized here: http://www.getnrg.com/image/cache/FRP-302/PRISMA SEAT DIMENSION-780x700.jpg but I can't find anything for the 301.

I've sent NRG an email but I don't know when I'll get a response.