Nukers City Goblin - 2009 SS/TC number 2 build

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Hit a chunk of concrete on the road followed by driving up a curb on Saturday night, Nothing appears bent but it did really mess up my alignment, The front driver side wheel that hit the curb is pointing out away from the other side. Was able to drive home and inspected heavily the next day. Nothing appears bent in the arms or suspension but I'm trying to figure out how the alignment would have changed so much? What parts should I really look at?

I can't seem to find the answer about what actually causes the alignment change in the steering rack/ tie rod ends etc. Does the gears skip when impacted like this in side the steering rack?

Thanks all!
Nuker-

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I think the rack that goes across the car is typically one piece and even if it the gear skipped it would only change the steering wheel direction but not the "total" toe. I think things are bent, but it may be a little on multiple parts that makes it hard to see.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I guess i'll just go ahead and replace the inner/outer tie rods + rod ends, Any real way to check the arms besides taking it off and comparing to the other side?

Anything else I should look at for safety? I'm going to go ahead and replace the aluminum pieces to the new ones DF sent to replace the weaker original ones on the uprights.

Nuker-

I think the rack that goes across the car is typically one piece and even if it the gear skipped it would only change the steering wheel direction but not the "total" toe. I think things are bent, but it may be a little on multiple parts that makes it hard to see.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Check those “L” brackets that hold the knuckle to the control arms and overall, put a wrench on everything.

inner tie rod could be bent. It may be hard to tell with an eyeball, though. Inner tie rods are usually the weakest point by design.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I would consider replacing the DF "A Arms" depending on how hard you hit. DF would probably be very reasonable on the cost. Try and check where the arms attach to the frame for cracks (can be hard to tell with powder coating).

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I would consider replacing the DF "A Arms" depending on how hard you hit. DF would probably be very reasonable on the cost. Try and check where the arms attach to the frame for cracks (can be hard to tell with powder coating).
Yep, I already emailed them, I'm going to replace them anyway just to be safe. Thank you!
Nuker-

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I would suspect the steering arms. especially if you are using the old style and the steel angle rod end mounts. Also, make sure it didn't bend one of ou control arms.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Gosh I went and inspected it again and I just don't see anything that is bent... Very frustrating. I'll take pics in better light tomorrow.

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
UGH, Powder Coater lost my drivers side upright 5 days before street car takeover!

Thankfully called DF and i'm going to overnight a new one. Hope everyone is still alive!

Nuker-