Nuker's City Goblin build - 2007 SS SC Donor - Completed/Licensed

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Ceramic, My friend sprayed it with some powder shooting gun he brought over. It made a huge mess on the street but I think the bake turned out good.

Nuker-

KJP

Will the qd ends like that fit on the pump side or is it too tight? It looks like those are just injection clamped on

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Nope they won't they are just a different plug on the pump end I'm sure they could be adapted but I did not care to do that.

Here is the first prototype of the headlight I built. I'll compare it to my regular care tomorrow.

Nuker-
IMG_0412.JPG

Attachments

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I've been looking at headlights and searched on the forum here. It seems like other then the dominator style, which is expensive the only other route is to get a motorcycle headlight or do something like you've done. I like your set up the best, I just wonder how it'll all get mounted.

1524834927580.png

I saw these on here and on ebay / amazon but they are "spot lights" so there is no cut off for the light. Do you know how to modify it so there is a cut off? I've never really worked on any custom headlights.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm interested to know if you ended up with an idle problem or if the tune took car of that with the bigger injectors.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Running the Siemens 80lb injectors, Car idles very nice let it idle for about 30minutes to get up to temp. Right at 900-1000 rpm idle.

You also don't get the massive bog down when you let off the throttle now, it is so **** smooth.

I'm going to schedule a dyno run hopefully next weekend/week. Guessing it's around 280-285.

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yeah, I need to get a dyno going still waiting on that.

Headlights are almost done, I'll post pics once finished.

What are other people hitting with the 2.8" pulley. I'm getting 14lb of boost. Others in cobalts say they are around 16-17lb. I'm guessing this is because my exhaust is full 3" and wide open. Makes me wonder if I should drop a pulley size or 2.

Nuker-

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yeah, I need to get a dyno going still waiting on that.

Headlights are almost done, I'll post pics once finished.

What are other people hitting with the 2.8" pulley. I'm getting 14lb of boost. Others in cobalts say they are around 16-17lb. I'm guessing this is because my exhaust is full 3" and wide open. Makes me wonder if I should drop a pulley size or 2.

Nuker-
I need to look but every time I go for that much boost, I'm busy shifting and holding on and don't take the time to look down at it. I should see if the OBDII scan gauge can retain MAX levels.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Can easily paint the whole outside, Which I might do, Not sure I like the chrome look to those covers.

Nuker-

Tony

Did you put any kind of seal between the lens and shroud? If the inside of the projector isn't sealed, the shield/solenoid will be the first to go.