Nuker's City Goblin build - 2007 SS SC Donor - Completed/Licensed

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Are you talking about removing the fuel rail altogether?

Nuker-
Now you have me confused haha. How can you connect the gauge without the rail? Maybe our cars are different. I have a -4an valve right on the end of the fuel rail pre injectors.

image.jpg

Use a slotted tool to remove the valve core. If you don't have one they are available at any auto parts store or anywhere that sells biking stuff. The core should be removed for the most accurate pressure reading, as often the cheap universal fuel gauges do not press down the valve core correctly. Try that before you spend money on replacing fuel system components.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Oh never mind I just saw your picture. Yeah if the hose straight from the pump to gauge doesn't read anything you have definitely have a pressure problem.

I just assumed it wasn't that because you said it would spit out fuel when disconnected into the bucket.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
So that gauge picture I posted earlier is exactly what you're doing / same as the video. Two hoses from pump to fuel filter. One rubber line from filter to fuel rail. My gauge was installed inline between filter and rail with a simple T fitting. It reads 80PSI for just a second immediately after they key is turned on. Then reads 55-60 while running.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Is there a chance your pump is actually ok and its the computer not commanding it to pump?

It might just be me but I've come to the point that, when working on modern cars, its almost as often a computer/software issue as opposed to a mechanical/component issue..... I suppose the only way to test that would be a replacement pump which is an expensive trial....

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Question: Why do you still have the evap solenoid hooked up? Its part of the pump/gas tank system and none of the rest of us are using it or have it hooked up.

Not that I expect that to be part of the problem, just trying to consider all differences.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Okay, Went and bought a new fuel pump. Instantly is up to 50lbs and starts and runs like a champ.

I can't believe a brand new fuel pump with less than 2 hours run time on it died.

Thank you all very much for your help.

Nuker-

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Okay, Went and bought a new fuel pump. Instantly is up to 50lbs and starts and runs like a champ.

I can't believe a brand new fuel pump with less than 2 hours run time on it died.

Thank you all very much for your help.

Nuker-
YAY!! Nice job.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Question: Why do you still have the evap solenoid hooked up? Its part of the pump/gas tank system and none of the rest of us are using it or have it hooked up.

Not that I expect that to be part of the problem, just trying to consider all differences.

From the back of the car the evap solenoid is the left one on top, Right?

Nuker-

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Top left of valve cover. Looks like this.
IMG_7564.JPG

Maybe leaving it plugged in would be one less thing to trigger the CEL so if it's not hurting anything should be fine to leave plugged in.

Just brought it up because it's kinda part of the fuel system and that's what you were having problems with :)

Bet that supercharger whine gives you new energy to finish it!

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Oh yeah! I started on the tail lights last night. I found the turn signal / brake wires. I have another wire that has no voltage out so I'm guessing that might be the reverse lights. And another wire that is +12v as soon as the car is in run pos.

So I'll work on getting those done tonight then tomorrow I'm going to get the headlights and mirrors hooked up.

I'm still wondering why my clutch pedal feels very weak even after bleeding it and all the air bubbles were out. It feels like it is not moving anything at all.

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Can anyone who has installed the manual shifter help me out a lot. I have no idea which cables go to which on the transmission.

There is the one shift linkage with the counter weight that has an up middle and down position. Then there is the linkage with no counter weight that is very small. This one does not seem to want to move hardly at all maybe 1/4" if moved by hand.

Nothing seems to be going together smooth, Moving the shifter feels tough in any position.

Nuker-

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Can anyone who has installed the manual shifter help me out a lot. I have no idea which cables go to which on the transmission.

There is the one shift linkage with the counter weight that has an up middle and down position. Then there is the linkage with no counter weight that is very small. This one does not seem to want to move hardly at all maybe 1/4" if moved by hand.

Nothing seems to be going together smooth, Moving the shifter feels tough in any position.

Nuker-
The larger counter weighted arm on the trasmission attaches to the bottom of the shifter arm and moves in the front to rear direction if seated in the car. The small arm moves the larger one in and out of the trasmission and attaches to the horizontal lever in the shifter assembly.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
If it is difficult to move the transmission linkage rock your car back and forth until it is easy. Or jack up the rear wheels

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The counter weighted arm needs to be in the middle position for the other arm to move.
Place the shifter in its middle position and the transmission in its middle positions and then adjust the cables to snap on without having to move anything and you cable lengths should be close to adjusted.
Yours will look a little different because it is an SS.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
The counter weighted arm needs to be in the middle position for the other arm to move.
Place the shifter in its middle position and the transmission in its middle positions and then adjust the cables to snap on without having to move anything and you cable lengths should be close to adjusted.
Yours will look a little different because it is an SS.
Yeah I don't know what the SS looks like...

I posted in my thread all about centering the shift linkages in post 175 I think, some of that may be helpful.

Last edited:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Okay just confirming the pushrod on the drivers side of the shifter should be connected to the counter weighted arm on the transmission?

Thanks!
Nuker-