Oil Pressure Gauge + oil sensor

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Hey all I unfortunately have low compression in 2 cylinders and am in the process of swapping in a spare engine it's easier for now. I purchased a electric oil pressure gauge and would like to keep the failsafe factory sensor with the new sending unit. I see posts online with using a T copper connector but I am not sure this will give me enough clearance with the gas tank so.close to the factory oil sensor. Has anyone installed an electric oil pressure gauge and kept the factory sensor?

Thanks

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Evening all,

The photo on the left is the original location of what I believe is the oil pressure sensor to power down the engine in case of low block pressure. I have relocated this sensor directly into the block and replaced with my oil pressure sending unit. Does anyone see a problem with this relocation? All photos online show the oil pressure sensor in the spot I have relocated by factory default but for some odd reason it seems I have a variation that is installed under the oil cooler/filter. If this works it will be a perfect location for this sending unit.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
So after reviewing alldata it looks like some LSJs have the sensor installed directly to the block and some out of the oil cooler mount it does not seem very common does anyone have a LSJ without it coming out of the cooler mount?

1. Remove the oil pressure sensor (1).

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Sorry I’m just seeing this. You can use any of the tapped ports on the engine block for an oil pressure reading. ZZP sells the block to 4an adapter or you can also get it in 1/8npt. I’m running an auto meter oil gauge off the same port you use for turbo oil line. I left the stock one alone.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Sorry I’m just seeing this. You can use any of the tapped ports on the engine block for an oil pressure reading. ZZP sells the block to 4an adapter or you can also get it in 1/8npt. I’m running an auto meter oil gauge off the same port you use for turbo oil line. I left the stock one alone.
The reason I used the oil sensor port off the oil cooler is because the auto meter oil pressure sender is too long/wide to use any of the other ports on the head. This is why I relocated the sensor to the block I don't think there is a concern but not 100%

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Yeah I used a 6” line to relocate. My application is slightly different though. I am mostly concerned with making sure my turbo oil line stays pressurized. So I put the sensor on the same line. That way I know my turbo is oiled as long as my gauge shows good pressure.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Yeah I used a 6” line to relocate. My application is slightly different though. I am mostly concerned with making sure my turbo oil line stays pressurized. So I put the sensor on the same line. That way I know my turbo is oiled as long as my gauge shows good pressure.
Do you know all size adapters you used and the line? This would make more sense for me so the factory oil sensor can remain near the oil cooler.

Thanks man for your input