Oil Separator

Goblin-SS

FYI, the engine I got (LSJ out of a Ariel Atom) has a quite large oil vapor separator bolted to the top of the engine.

I don't know if I will (or even if I CAN) use it and will not know until I attempt the engine install into the Goblin frame.

View attachment 1909

Side note I went with ZZP long tube header. It's been nothing but a headache. Good call on the shorty.

PHerder

Side note I went with ZZP long tube header. It's been nothing but a headache. Good call on the shorty.
Actually, if you look at my build pages you will see that I am going to attempt to use the Atom's long tube header that snakes around behind the engine instead of just going down and out like the ZZP long tube header does. The muffler goes up and next to the header. I had to modify the stock rear transmission mount to fit under the header but it now does fit. Main thing is will all this assembly fit in the rear of the Goblin. I have yet to test fit it. All else fails, as shown above I do have the shorty header. ;)

IMG_20170922_121034.jpg

Brian74

Goblin Guru
From one of the Cobalt Facebook pages, it was mentioned by several that the Powell V3 vapor seperator is the “best one out there.” Not cheap though.

David

From one of the Cobalt Facebook pages, it was mentioned by several that the Powell V3 vapor seperator is the “best one out there.” Not cheap though.
I was just emailing John from Powell last week about the separator he will answer any questions you have

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
At that time I was going to see about ordering one. I think I've changed my mind on it for now. I am still kind of curious to know how much the v3s run though.

David

At that time I was going to see about ordering one. I think I've changed my mind on it for now. I am still kind of curious to know how much the v3s run though.
So the difference between v2 and v3 is that the pcv port gets plugged he give me a price for the v2 because I'm Going to use my manifold and he will give me instructions on how to tap the manifold and plug the ports.
Price is 395.00 without shipping and with out there oem manifold already done up

David

I thought the v3 came with the modified manifold.
I'm sorry I probably did not explain myself correctly.

Yes v3 comes with there manifold all done up you will just have to tap your valve cover

Or just do the work on the manifold yourself which is not that hard from the instructions he sent me and I had asked him what about an aftermarket manifold he said he has tried pretty much all of them and none of them make the power that the stock one makes