Other Ecotec powered mid-engine vehicle

kalishek

Well finally took delivery of first customer 999 SuperSport Mk2. Power is by GM Ecotec LNF 2.0L and Borg Warner EFR turbo with VP 109 fuel makes 440 hp at wheels on Mustang dyno or 470 hp at wheels on DynoJet. So lets split difference and say 450 hp running though 3MPO sequential six-speed dog box transaxle. Electronic paddle shift means full throttle upshifts and auto-blip downshifts. Have been waiting four years for Mark 1 to Mark 2 upgrade. Was able to give vehicle a proper shake down at Willow Springs (Big Willow) race track on 14 NOV 2018. Prior to loading on transport for ride back to Tulsa, OK. Pictures to follow.

Tinkles

I see Ferrari 360/430 inspired front bumper and Mitsubishi Lancer head lights. I would love to toss a sequential six-speed dog box into my Goblin.

kalishek

And Mazda 2 tail lights. Weight is 2400 lbs due to stock car sized tube frame and full fiberglass body. Was running down a Porsche GT3 Cup car at Willow Springs when he pulled into pit lane. Really wanted to drag race him down the front straight. For comparison Rossion Q1R is 1800 lbs with 323 hp Ecoboost 2.0L engine and full carbon fiber body. Feel safer in the SuperSport due to crush structures front and rear.

kalishek

Ok.........so where do I buy one to build, haha.
Right now I have the only completed Mark 2 version. The demo car is torn down for update to Mark 3 (GTX) version with fully built race engine. And there are two other customer cars in process of being updated, one is for Pikes Peak. Think Unitech Racing made a mistake not marketing these vehicles in kit form the way DF did with Goblin and Elan did with NP prototype. The concept was to build a racing series around equally built vehicles. Kind of like Legend cars.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Right now I have the only completed Mark 2 version. The demo car is torn down for update to Mark 3 (GTX) version with fully built race engine. And there are two other customer cars in process of being updated, one is for Pikes Peak. Think Unitech Racing made a mistake not marketing these vehicles in kit form the way DF did with Goblin and Elan did with NP prototype. The concept was to build a racing series around equally built vehicles. Kind of like Legend cars.
Well thats awesome and disappointing!

kalishek

Here is Rossion Q1R for comparison. Think this is best example of Q1R series in that it has front splitter and rear wing with Wilwood brakes all around. For full walk around see Bullet Motorsports website and look under sold vehicles.
KAL