Painting the Sheet Aluminum

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I'm looking for different ideas on DIY painting of the aluminum flooring and firewall. If you successfully completed this task and have some pictures, please post. I'm looking for something that won't scratch or flake off with use. Thanks in advance!

BTW, my frame was dropped off at the powder coat shop last week. They may have it for a month or two depending on how busy they are. I've taken most of the summer off from the Goblin. I still have a lot of engine work to do and will be ordering a timing kit soon.

Nilbog

Where are you located? I powder coated my aluminum panels, holding up fine to all my tool droppins...

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I'm looking for different ideas on DIY painting of the aluminum flooring and firewall. If you successfully completed this task and have some pictures, please post. I'm looking for something that won't scratch or flake off with use. Thanks in advance!
I would not paint the floor and firewall. The powder coat will hold up much better. Just my thought on it.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
If you are looking for a DIY solution for the floorpan, consider a spray on bedliner. My friends have had good luck with raptor liner.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
If you are looking for a DIY solution for the floorpan, consider a spray on bedliner. My friends have had good luck with raptor liner.
That was the product I was going to use then my powder coater told me he has a anti skid coating for the floor.