Parking brake calipers?

Christopher Sanchez

Can any body give me advise on installing the parking brake calipers. My spacer/adapters are not threaded so I’m having a hard time figuring it out..

Ross

Goblin Guru
Does that mean you figured it out? You are ahead of me, and the parking brake is fairly new, so I'm not sure how many builders here can help you... but you are pioneering the way for me!

Christopher Sanchez

I purchased the solstice brake caliper kit from DF.. I simply was over looking things and the supplied bolts appeared to long but in the end it all fit.. I could not complete it cause it was late and had to go buy some brake pads.. I will post some pics. I know there were others that installed the parking brake kit but could not find any pictures.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
What i did was the df kit for brakes. I do not know why it copied text from a previous post. Those pictures and all the parts are from DF

Tony

Bumping an old thread, but I was getting my solstice setup installed tonight and ran into a few issues. First, I had to mangle the cable crank pretty bad to get the cable end in. It seemed like the two metal lugs were too close together. I also had to trim the tabs on the plastic collar quite a bit to fit the thickness of the flange, but it seems to be holding fine. I'll update with pics tomorrow. The last issue I'm having is with the flexible hose. It seems like it's way too short to reach the port on the bottom of the caliper. Is there a different line that I need for the solstice setup?

Christopher Sanchez

Bumping an old thread, but I was getting my solstice setup installed tonight and ran into a few issues. First, I had to mangle the cable crank pretty bad to get the cable end in. It seemed like the two metal lugs were too close together. I also had to trim the tabs on the plastic collar quite a bit to fit the thickness of the flange, but it seems to be holding fine. I'll update with pics tomorrow. The last issue I'm having is with the flexible hose. It seems like it's way too short to reach the port on the bottom of the caliper. Is there a different line that I need for the solstice setup?
I personally only had to modify the brake line connector itself.. as shown in the pics I had to shave/grind the ends of the banjo fittings.. then the factory “front” brake lines fit fine.. I am unsure of what you are referring to with the other issues but I will check out the pictures when you post them.. and can snap some from my setup in the AM if you need them.. let me know