Parking Brakes

askiles

Goblin Guru
Anyone have experience with a simple park lock style device?
For example: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Park-Lok-Universal-Hydraulic-Parking-Brake-Line-Lock,1970.html

I won't be required to have a separate system, seems like I could just go this route for a parking brake (manual transmission). While holding the brakes, push the button. It'll hold the pressure till the brake pedal is pushed again. Not quite as useful as a solenoid based line lock to throw on the front but simple concept for a parking brake.
This looks like a nice and simple idea. Some states require an emergency/parking brake that is manual, and not hydraulic though. That would be the only issue people might run into. You could probably even plumb it into the line running in the tunnel, and then drill a hole for the button on the tunnel cap.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Also, some states have requirements as far as how quickly the e-brake can bring you to a complete stop from a certain speed. I'm not sure the DF supplied brake was designed to be used as an actual e-brake. I think it was designed more in mind to hold the car in place.

On the positive side, I don't think most states that require an e-brake will even have in depth inspections. I think most inspectors will just do a visual check to see if you have one and call it good.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Anyone know of it the parking brake guide tubes are the same in an SS as they are in an base? The part is discontinued and so I'll have to pull it from a yard, I cant seem to find any SS's around.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Can't believe I just noticed this thread. Damnit.

Is there a finished e-brake/parking brake kit for the Goblin at this point in time? I still have my donor until Saturday morning so I will make an effort to pull the e-brake mechanism and lines out before then.

Christopher Sanchez

Can't believe I just noticed this thread. Damnit.

Is there a finished e-brake/parking brake kit for the Goblin at this point in time? I still have my donor until Saturday morning so I will make an effort to pull the e-brake mechanism and lines out before then.
Absolutely, pull all of your parking brake setup.. DFs kit only cost 200-250 extra and bolts right up. From my research it is by far the most cost effective route

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
This may be a dumb question, but how did you guys fit the wire onto the caliper mount? I cut my stock lines cause this was such a pain and thought it'd be easier putting them on.... Halp

Adam in CLE

View attachment 5110
This is the prototype bake handle. We are fabricating one in house to test travel and function.
Then we will set up production. It is still a few months out.
The calipers and caliper mounts are available now for anyone with the ability to fabricate their own parking brake handle and cable system.
Hi @Lonny Did this ever get tested and go into production? Would like to know more about it please.