PG5's Track Goblin - 2008 G5

PG5

So I've traced mystery plug #1.
Orange wire traces to pin 16 on the BCM C2 connector which is the fog lamp signal switch.

Gray wire taps the same color wire from gauge cluster plug and then traces back to the C2 pin on the BCM C4 plug (Instrument Panel Lamp Supply Voltage). I thought this was strange.

Black was a ground.
I guess my mystery plug #1 is for a fog lamp switch? I don't recall my donor having fog lamps.

On to Mystery plug #3
Brown wire traces to C8 on the BCM C4 plug which is marked DC accessory voltage.
Green traces to another plug I don't have a pinout for.
I guess it's a DC accessory plug? For what I don't know?

I guess I'll remove both of these from my harness.

Last edited:

PG5

Another note on the Keyfob Tire Pressure Receiver.
According to The Goblin website, 08 Cobalt donors don't have tire pressure monitoring. However, I guess my 08 G5 comes with this. I would assume this is a system we keep but I don't see it on the Harness Map Adam posted a while ago:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
If it helps at all, I have the plug that the keyfob box connects to in my harness still, But the box is not attached and it runs/works fine.

Nuker-

Reactions: PG5

PG5

Thanks! According to the diagram above where about do you have the plug on your harness?

PHerder

My ex-donor, a 2008 Cobalt LS (i.e. the cheap version of the Cobalt) has TPMS so the listing on the Goblin info page is incorrect. If the cheap version has TPMS, all the other version should have it too.

taz_va

IIRC, US Federal Guidelines, which began phasing in around 2005, required all new vehicles, by 2007, to incorporate TPMS systems. It makes sense a base 2008 would have it, as it was required starting on 1 September 2007. Going by memory..

Tony

The front firewall has a place to mount the receiver just to the left of the BCM. Sorry I don't have a better picture, but you can kinda see it here...
upload_2017-6-30_12-4-20.png

Reactions: PG5

PG5

IIRC, US Federal Guidelines, which began phasing in around 2005, required all new vehicles, by 2007, to incorporate TPMS systems. It makes sense a base 2008 would have it, as it was required starting on 1 September 2007. Going by memory..
You're right! Looks like the 08's got TPMS but still missed out on VVT :(

The front firewall has a place to mount the receiver just to the left of the BCM. Sorry I don't have a better picture, but you can kinda see it here...
That's perfect thanks! I'll route the plug so it's with the red & blue/white bcm plugs!

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Granted I only run 19psi front and 20psi rear so I think my tire pressure light would be on all of the time lol.

Nuker-

taz_va

Depending on the year and precision, it may or may not funny enough lol. If it's a 2007, it may or may not have TPMS installed, and if it does, it may not conform to the specific requirement of warning at 25% of underinflation--and if it does, I don't know what the Cobalt was designed for pressure-wise, but if it were 32psi, 25% is nearing the zone you mention, which is where precision comes into play.

For something like the Goblin, I think I'd rather have an aftermarket setup which shows pressure/temperature, and will warn the way you set it up to.