Pics of Goblin with embedded panels vs DF panels?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I'm looking for the pictures of the red-framed goblin that had their side panels inside the frame rather than riveted to the sides... I can't seem to find their build log.

I know it's red, and instead of the side panel they cut little pieces to go in between the voids of the frame. I loved that approach and would like some reference pictures to keep in mind if/when I get to that point.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Haha, best idea ever was to put a dedicated computer in the garage. I watch so much YouTube out there!
I had a spare 32" smart tv. It is mounted in the garage I use it to connect a lap top too, local over the air channels, along with a lot of YouTube also. It was great when doing the wiring videos. It is also good when I want to go get away from some in-laws and vege a little. It is a must have in my garage.

gofast

Are the panels aluminum? If so, does one use steel or aluminum rivets? Would stainless steel rivets eliminate the concern of a reaction between the two metals?

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Are the panels aluminum? If so, does one use steel or aluminum rivets? Would stainless steel rivets eliminate the concern of a reaction between the two metals?
Panels are aluminum. I used aluminum rivets, not worried about corrosion.

Just because it's stainless doesn't mean it won't react to steel or aluminum.

If I find I need to remove panels often or if some get damaged getting in and out I'll replace the rivet with a rivnut and bolt it on.