PNW Meet

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Thought I should start a thread to see what interest there is. I am thinking June/July based on the possibility of better weather. I know a few of us are aiming for winter/spring to be completed. I think we have a total of 6 in the area.

Anyone else want to make something happen? Maybe we can piggy back off another event?

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I've really been slacking off on getting mine going, but a meet is definitely motivating. Back when I met CJ to pick up our Stage 1 kits, there was mention of getting together with Alex and doing a drive up to Paradise. Of course, I'm right off SR530, so I'm partial to running a portion of the Cascade Loop.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
That sounds like a great plan to me. Im up for whatever type of meet/drive. A full day would be great as I have no qualms sitting my butt down for awhile. I guess that could change once I get it on the road....we will see! I have done so many all day long distance bike rides on street bike that I cant imagine how this couldnt be more tolerable.....

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
@AleX1/9 @Waterdriver @Dre @Matt

I dont think I am missing anyone currently since @k.rollin is in here.

Would love to know where everyone is at and how far along or close you are to registration. Matt, Dre and I are all complete on that side. If you need advice on what to do please ask.

Reactions: Dre

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Interior home projects just about complete and should be able to get back to building on the car.
Car is track ready at this time.
Needing to still purchase headlights, side mirrors, a second seat and get those installed.
Oh and build bodywork. I had planned on doing that over the winter. But the home projects took precedence.

AleX1/9

I haven’t hardly touched the goblin since bringing it home from the autocross in late September. To be honest, I was ready for a break from it.

I would love to hear where you guys went for the inspection and what happened. I’ve heard it varies greatly

My biggest questions are do I need an e-brake (has DF finished the solstice caliper solution??)

And do I need fenders, I’ve heard no but the RCW reads pretty clearly yes...:/

A meetup would be great, once the weather warms up. Maybe we could pick a XXX root beer show or similar event to crash... problem is we really won’t fit in with any crowd!

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I haven’t hardly touched the goblin since bringing it home from the autocross in late September. To be honest, I was ready for a break from it.

I would love to hear where you guys went for the inspection and what happened. I’ve heard it varies greatly

My biggest questions are do I need an e-brake (has DF finished the solstice caliper solution??)

And do I need fenders, I’ve heard no but the RCW reads pretty clearly yes...:/

A meetup would be great, once the weather warms up. Maybe we could pick a XXX root beer show or similar event to crash... problem is we really won’t fit in with any crowd!
There is no inspection, you do not need fenders unless you are driving in wet weather or on unpaved roads.

PM me and we can chat through what you need to go with for registration........and what to not bring.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Anyone else getting close to registration? So lonely just driving around by myself. I need more of you out so they can ask you questions, lol.

AleX1/9

Next Sunday 4/28 I'll hopefully be heading to BSCC event 3 at Bremerton Raceway. As long as it's not raining! I gotta do AM session and leave for work soon as we wrap up.

Anybody else going?

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I'm tentatively planning on going, though I had already signed up for the PM session. If I can swing the morning session I'll see if I can change it. Or at least show up for the morning session to meet up and watch.

What Group are you running? Mod or Time Only?

AleX1/9

I’ll run mod, not sure how many or what type of vehicles will show in mod but it’s scheduled for morning group. In september I was the only one

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Hmmmmm let me run this by my wife, its a bit of a drive but it looks like the weather will hold out.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
What a great day for autocrossing in the PNW.
I got to meet Alex and see his Goblin up close. It was a short meeting but there's always the next event.
Turnout for the event itself was big.
20190428_125537.jpg