Proud day for a Gilbert DF owner

Amack1970

Last night I/we enjoyed the first ride in the goblin. I can't believe I'm already at this point. Now, the goblin isn't 100% completed yet. I'm still trying to find the shifter linkage. I have the wrap scheduled. Need the alignment done and all the registration stuff. But I was able to drive it. I do have one question for the turbo goblin guys. Currently I'm running the car in 2nd gear, because the shifter linkage I'm still trying to find. Besides that I have very little boost. My digital display is saying 5lbs for a split second then it drops to 2lbs maybe a little lower. My car did this a while back when the maf went out. I've been told the computer puts the car in a fail safe mode. I'll check the maf tonight, but could there be something else? I do have one recurring code for the evap emissions system, but after clearing that I'm still not getting boost. Any ideas? Other than this and the 112 degree Arizona heat blowing in my face, it was nothing but smiles last night

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The smiles on the kids faces tell the whole story! Fantastic you have the car put together rather quickly from the myriad of parts from a few weeks ago. Looks great and getting it finished is not that far away anymore. Just need to find the shifter parts and it will be all downhill from here. ;)

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
There are codes like P0101 (MAF) that will disable boost, but evap codes definitely won't do that. I would put it through a few start/drive cycles to see if a code will eventually pop up.

Amack1970

Okay, thanks to richrich its figures out. So I left out the 2 back intercooler bolts because the didn't fit into the bracket very well. Well thanks to rich I found out that the bolt holes hold the boost into the intercooler. So my buddy and I man handled the brackets, got bolt bolts in and wala 24 plus pounds of boost

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Is your turbo stock? Just wondering because the stock setups are nowhere close to 24 pounds. I don't think mine has ever gotten over 18 pounds or so.