Radiator fan wiring

Christopher Sanchez

Anybody have trouble with fan not coming on.. I wired the fan to the light blue wire from a rad fan plug but am wondering if it different with Tcs as I believe they are operated by the ecu much like the fuel pump.. I may just find an unused 12v to tap into and run it any time the key is on but thought i would see what others did first..

Christopher Sanchez

That’s another thing I was wondering about cause I have yet to get the system fully bleed of air I think.. but good to know I’ll leave it till I can verify temps. Thanks!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I do not remember a time when the fan has come on. Since it’s so open, the natural air helps to keep it cool.

Christopher Sanchez

I attempted to get mine warm enough just to hear it kick in but I did not get my button panel from my trip to Dallas this past weekend, so I was hesitant to let it get to hot. said my panel should be in the mail within a week so I will either have to wait or borrow a buddies scan tool.

Tim Moland

Anybody have trouble with fan not coming on.. I wired the fan to the light blue wire from a rad fan plug but am wondering if it different with Tcs as I believe they are operated by the ecu much like the fuel pump.. I may just find an unused 12v to tap into and run it any time the key is on but thought i would see what others did first..
About this wiring... I am cleaning up my engine harness and removing what I don't need. As you know, the ss has two fan plugs. I have eliminated the fan plug that has the single light grey wire coming from the fuse block and then from the fan plug a black ground wire leaves and gets grounded to the block. So that leaves me with the other fan plug coming from the same fuse block with a white wire and a light blue wire. I was told to use the light blue wire for the new radiator fan, but what do you do with the white wire? Can you de-pin it and get rid of it? Is there a video, or instructions on extending this wire to the front of the car? The only video I have found is the installation of the Radiator, and the fan wire is already there, ready to be hooked up.

Christopher Sanchez

The right way would be to trace the white wire back to the block and remove it. I however cut, used heat shrink, electrical tape and abandoned it in the harness.

Tim Moland

Are there any instructions for extending the wire? How many feet? Does it get integrated into the main harness at some point? Or does it just run solo all the way to the front?

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Are there any instructions for extending the wire? How many feet? Does it get integrated into the main harness at some point? Or does it just run solo all the way to the front?
Part of the videos say to use the defroster wire (i believe) all the way to the front...which is just a thicker wire. essentially once you have it ran you will splice into one of the engine fuse blocks, and then the other part obviously goes to the fan. If you follow the videos you'll be fine.

Christopher Sanchez

yes you use the long defroster wire and leave a foot or two extra on bcm side and fuse block side you will wire this into the engine harness later on in the build.

ZacMaster

Can’t remember who told me, but you can cut the blue wire back to its fuse block so only 5” stick out (or a little more to be safe). You’ll connect this blue wire to the radiator wire you inserted in your main harness, the other side of which will be ready for the radiator in the goblin.

Tony

I left the blue wire a little longer than 5", then put a Weather-Pack connector on it. The extension gets integrated into the body harness, then I put another connector at the front for the fan. That way, the engine and body harnesses are still separable, as is the fan itself. The connector is zip-tied to the ECM connector branch in the bottom right of this picture.