Rear Wings

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Adam and Lonnie,

Any word on the new style wings yet? That's the last piece of the puzzle for me (if there ever is a last piece). I'm working on getting the wrap and the wing would finish the look.

I would pick out my own but I don't know what the mount spacing should be on the wing and what the custom brackets you make are and how they will mount.

Dre

I don't have mine yet, but when I ordered my wing, the new style is carbon fiber. It is made by another company. It looks pretty good.

Dre

Apparently there were troubles with the production of the ABS ones, so the company went with a carbon fiber one that was outsourced.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Adam and Lonnie,

Any word on the new style wings yet? That's the last piece of the puzzle for me (if there ever is a last piece). I'm working on getting the wrap and the wing would finish the look.

I would pick out my own but I don't know what the mount spacing should be on the wing and what the custom brackets you make are and how they will mount.
The last email from Adam said they were making some final adjustments to brackets and supports and sending them to the cutter. After that the new ones should be available. It should not be too long then.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Holy **** that wing is exactly the APR wing that I have. I paid over twice what they are asking on DF site. Must have got a killer quantity discount. Man I feel like APR absolutely screwed me over.

Dre

Remember...DF is a business. Businesses usually get a big discount, especially if big purchases are made.

Matt TT

Here is what i received.
Anyone know the length or mounting spacing on theses? After emailing Adam recently, it sounds like they are pulling the wing option from their kits for the time being due to issues with manufacturing. He advised that their mounting kit should fit various rear wings, but they come in a variety of sizes and I want one that will look appropriate.

Thanks!

RichRich

Total spoiler width is 56-7/8" and mounting width on the outside of the spoiler brackets is 27-3/8"

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The biggest issue is that the vendors don’t specify their mounting spacing. It’s hard to find one that is close when you don’t know what they are. If anyone comes up with a good spoiler, I sure am interested!

RichRich

Well the spoiler has a couple different configurations that you can swap the brackets for mounting width. You may be right Tinkles, that would be the mount with on the chassis itself. My numbers were for just the spoiler itself. No matter what the mounting with on the spoiler is (within reason) you can just run a slightly longer or shorter angle bracket to mount the up mounts to

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
The biggest issue is that the vendors don’t specify their mounting spacing. It’s hard to find one that is close when you don’t know what they are. If anyone comes up with a good spoiler, I sure am interested!
I'm working on two options.

Tinkles

I bought a 3D printer so I can make my own spoilers and other parts. I just have to figure out how to use it.

APR will make custom carbon fiber spoilers, but pricing starts around $1400. Not worth it to me for something that I am going to end up wrapping in a different carbon fiber.

Tinkles

Or a LOT of jointed together pieces...
This^^^

My idea for printing is to print it in ~10" sections using a carbon fiber media. Then print a "sleeve" in 10" sections to slide over it, offset the joints, and glue it all together. Then wrap it in carbon fiber to make it look pretty. I am hoping that it'll turn out decently light but strong.

I have a 69" wide NRG spoiler that I thought about making it fit on the Goblin. The mounting points are just a touch wider than 32".