Redlines - 2008 SS TC Goblin build in Mississippi

redline

I guess it will be whatever it is and I'll tune it after startup someone told me that they changed up the credits needed to tune a car year with HP tuners. Used to be 2 credits for a car and 4 for the whole year??

RichRich

Thanks! my next dumb question is for those that got their donor off of CO-PART. I did not recieve and title or registration, just a bill of sale. Is this normal? Did any of you get a title or anything to help with registering the goblin?
I got my car from Copart but it came with a title. However the name that they signed on the back wasn't the name on the front. When I registered mine, they did match the VIN from the title to the engine/trans. I can't think of why they didn't get you the title.

redline

I talked to them today and they gave the title to the truck driver! they say that they should have a new one to me in a week.

redline

Anyone know what the fog light and traction control plugs look like and what color wires they have? I didnt mark them and I no longer have the piece to plug them in.

redline

thank you very much. i now have 21 connectors left over at the end of the first harness video. does this sound right to you?

dperkins

On the chilton manual under component connector end view you can view all the connectors and what they do.

redline

I thought I saw a thread on here where it had the online version. anyone remember which thread had it with the password?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
It looks like it. As far as I can tell the wire colors in your picture line up to what I see in my service manual. What's strange is my connector was a 40 pin, and yours is a 16 pin. They're both labeled as a dash-to-body harness in my book so I don't get it. The connector must have changed in the 09 TCs.

redline

I have had a few that are different but most I can figure out based on where they terminate on the other end of the wires. thank you, I am sure ill have more questions. almost all my labels are too smudged to read. marker on duct tape = not the best idea. lol

redline

ok, when removing my on-star wires everything went good until i got to the twisted pair that you roll up in the video. that set of twisted pairs went to a black and purple multi plug. on my harness it goes to the plug shown below. Not sure if I should remove these or what????

Attachments

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Im not exactly sure what youre asking but...When the onstar plug is removed you must solder the tan&tan/blk wires together. They are your Canbus wires and must remain intact.

redline

I believe this is the connector they go into on the video. In the video they are just wound up with this connector. on my harness they go to that different connector.

Attachments

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I never could keep track of which connector is which, I’m just saying If you cut a connector out, like onstar, be sure that the CAN bus wires get soldered together.

redline

i left them wound up with that other plug, but I need to find out why it is not the same plug as in the video. just another difference due to year/model??

redline

still need to figure out the above but now I am complete with video 11 I have 2 twisted pairs I don't understand on the passenger side of the car.
And I have one connector on the driver side I do not know what it is?? on the driver side i never found the battery current sensor plug or wires???

Attachments

Brian74

Goblin Guru
That looks like the subwoofer plug. SS cars do not have current sensor. Those twisted pairs look like ABS or SRS module wires, IIRC.