Redlines - 2008 SS TC Goblin build in Mississippi

Dre

Its easier for someone to just pay you to assemble it. They buy everything, send it to you, you assemble and send it back.

redline

There has been a few people asking for completed ones on here and I am not sure if DF offers that anymore based on the comments. Best thing would be to get in contact to them and serve as a third party. Maybe they could refer some business if they are not willing to complete it themselves
I actually talked to them about it when I picked my frame up. that would be a good way of going about it.

redline

If you start building and selling complete vehicles, I think that opens you up to an entire new set of rules and regulations. Technically, DF never sold completely assembled Goblins. If they did, I think they would be considered a manufacturer and they'd have to abide by safety rules and other bureaucratic red tape.

If you build a Goblin yourself and then flip it "brand new", I think you'd have a very difficult time getting a decent ROI. Most of us spend way more on the build than what we'd ever get back out of it.
knowing what others have sold for assembled, there is pretty good margin. Df offered them for 27K base up to 32k turbo i believe.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Final tally of time 9 days.

41.5 hours total 34.5 hours without factoring trouble shooting.
should have race track footage of it this weekend from our SCCA event. can't wait!!!
Does that time include all your time? Donor search, donor teardown, parts prep/paint, etc? Or is is that assembly time only?

redline

Does that time include all your time? Donor search, donor teardown, parts prep/paint, etc? Or is is that assembly time only?
That is assembly only. We were at 62 hours including tear down and harness, a lot of that was due to doing the turbo which is not the same as the videos. There was a lot to research, but the people on the forums rocked it out for us.

redline

did alot of spinning, Zero traction with the stock 225 tires, although they honestly are crap tires on.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Those look to be the accessory plug wires. You don't have to keep them, but I think it's a good idea to hang on to them. I'm using mine for a cigarette lighter power port and USB port power.

redline

I kept both of mine and I have taped them to the steering column and use them for my phone chargers. They are not required to run but if you cut them you will wish you hadn't.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Did you require the connector marked with power outlet? I have a few connectors that I am still trying to identify you labeled great im starting to do that was wondering if you could take a peak at my build thread.

Thanks
-Logan (ncgoblin)
I kept it for the same reason as the others. To power my phone or tablet running GPS lap timing/analysis and dashboard apps.
Plus for any future power requirements.

Reactions: Dre

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru

You going 10's all the way around? I took a quick look at the backspacing and it seems pretty usual, but are you sure itll fit without spacer? are you planning to run fenders?

Nice tires.

redline

I have spacers on the way in order to change the pattern to 5x114.3. but our backspacing is 6" and these rims backspace is 5.5" so should be good even without them. No fenders for me, especially on the track. If it rains I can't run these tires anyways. And yes these will be on all 4 corners.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
What spacers did you go with? I am installing 17x35x275 in the rear. Also planning on switching from 110 to 114 due to wheel choice.