Registering in NC

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I was forwarded to progressive by usaa and they said they couldn't do it. Maybe I'm not asking the right questions
That’s pretty typical of the insurance companies. They don’t know what to do or how so they just don’t. Call back and get someone else. I have it through them. I got a lot of that before I got insurance.

Vegas Roy

Try Crankshaft Motors. 919-552-1726 (I think) They sell Infinity Ins, agreed value. I have my dune buggy insured with them. $250 a year. Tell them, I sent you.

Batlwagn

Try Crankshaft Motors. 919-552-1726 (I think) They sell Infinity Ins, agreed value. I have my dune buggy insured with them. $250 a year. Tell them, I sent you.
Thanks man! Will they do liability/full coverage? I can get comp and collision through AIM but they don't offer liability in NC which is the only thing you actually need in NC

Vegas Roy

For $250, I have a greed value $25,000. Full coverage. They have a limited area they sell in. AND there are mileage and storage requirements. It can't be over something like 5,000 miles. Has to be stored in a locked garage.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
This is why I love living in SC just south of the NC border, our roads are garbage but everything is dirt cheap.

Let's get a Carolina party going, I only have my donor right now but I'd love to see everyone's finished (or in progress) projects

Batlwagn

I can't speak for that County but Johnston only required a safety inspection. These are not common cars so it's probably going to be like rolling the dice hope you get a good inspector. My total cost was $450 where Wes in Raleigh was like $2800 which is insane. Honestly I have been auto crossing so much I probably would hold off if it's that costly.
Did you have to get a bond for your title? If so where did you get one? I'm trying to get a bond and a couple of appraisals now. Just got my NC VIN sticker last week now I need the other stuff to complete the process at DMV

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Did you have to get a bond for your title? If so where did you get one? I'm trying to get a bond and a couple of appraisals now. Just got my NC VIN sticker last week now I need the other stuff to complete the process at DMV
@Wes can reply to that I did not require these.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
How'd you manage that?! I've got the title from the previous owner and they said I still need a bond. ARGH WTF?!?!
Not sure luck? Johnston County was much easier then Wake County. Inspected then went to DMV and got registered. Title in the mail 2 months later.

Batlwagn

Well, I'd like to send a big F.U. to the state of NC. Appraisals were $500.00, bond was $468.00, lord knows what the DMV is going to beat me over the head for in taxes. Once I get this stuff printed and over to the tag office I'll let you know the final tally for this misuse of power by the state of NC. FML! I AM PISSED!

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Well, I'd like to send a big F.U. to the state of NC. Appraisals were $500.00, bond was $468.00, lord knows what the DMV is going to beat me over the head for in taxes. Once I get this stuff printed and over to the tag office I'll let you know the final tally for this misuse of power by the state of NC. FML! I AM PISSED!
Just make sure you get your $$ worth by driving on all the most expensive North Carolina roads! :)