Replacing the fuel pump hoses

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Hello All,

I am wanting to ditch the hard plastic fuel hoses and switch to an AN/stainless setup. Does anyone have a parts list to replace from cutting the lines off of the fuel pump, to the fuel filter then on to the fuel rail?

I'm guessing it will be braided hose clamped onto the fuel pump, then AN-6 to GM 3/8 to connect into the fuel filter in side. Then GM 3/8' to AN-6 stainless line up to the fuel rail to GM 3/8 Quick connect?

Part numbers from anyone that has done this would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Nuker-

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I used Russell fittings and hose for my fuel line setup. My fuel pump has quick disconnect fitting on pump side so I'm not sure what you'd need for that. However, for the fuel rail, I used an EFI quick disconnect hose end. Part number is 611203. They also have a quick disconnect fitting that would work too. Part number 640857.

Russell stuff is pretty expensive. Fittings are about $20 each and the ProClassic II hose I used is about $10/foot. It turned out to be an expensive job, but their stuff is pretty high quality.

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc/adapter-fittings/specialty-fuel-injected.shtml

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I did that from the fuel filter to the fuel rail and included a fuel pressure gauge. Ordered it all from JEGS. I'll put up the part numbers.

BAR-AIR

Here is Nate’s car with high pressure fuel lines and high pressure clamps. Just reused the existing ends of factory lines and connected with high pressure hoses.
400C50AA-00CE-4337-8B6D-13A1FBEA2BEB.jpeg

CA5161FE-6EEE-42E7-8FE1-5EA98565AE37.jpeg

4DBCAE05-5752-4F16-977D-4DF5049D4EAB.jpeg

AleX1/9

I’m interested to see what can be done with the fuel pump connections, so far everyone has used rubber or stock plastic. I’m super glad I replaced the hardliners with rubber, but they look cheesy combined with all the nice AN stuff after the filter.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The one small problem I have with rubber hoses is the gas smell that comes through. It's strong enough to make me think there is a leak. I find myself constantly checking for drips.

Maybe it's just the hose I'm using.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I’m interested to see what can be done with the fuel pump connections, so far everyone has used rubber or stock plastic. I’m super glad I replaced the hardliners with rubber, but they look cheesy combined with all the nice AN stuff after the filter.
Earls and others make a stainless steel braid covering and ends that go over rubber hose lines.

Search Jegs or Summit for: Stainless Steel Braided Hose Sleeve

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Can you show me how you hooked this up?
Here you go.

The fitting in the first photo may have to be changed to something else if you are not using the OEM style filter or your car has a different type of filter. This is for the SS/SC.

If you don't use the pressure gauge, you can eliminate the t-block and the male/female adapter. I kind of liked this setup as it shows the gauge almost level with the engine and it's easy to read.