Rich's Track Goblin - 09 SS Turbo **TITLED & REGISTERED***

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Had the goblin out yesterday for a little testing. Have the intake all done up so actually had boost this time. Wasn't even being too aggressive but still managed to get my wife to grab for a oh **** handle on a 2nd gear pull haha

Next is mounting the IC heat exchanger start wiring up the lights and blinkers

here is the shifter setup I found that keeps everything the straightest. I did trim off the front section of the shifter.
View attachment 2926View attachment 2927View attachment 2928
Does it matter which cable connects to which shifter lever on the transmission end? I would assume it does make a difference. One end of the cable seems to be longer then the other does this also make a difference?

Thanks

RichRich

Which cable not exactly...however you must have the correct cable that is coming from the proper side of the shifter. The one with the longer end is probably just extended from the shifter

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Had it out the other day for it's maiden voyage!!! Everyone had a great time even though I was only able to use 2nd gear and had no turbo pressure (waiting on intake plumbing). We just went around the neighborhood a few times. Pretty sure my neighbors love me since there was no exhaust LMAO.. But none of us cared, it was ALL smiles.

But I also got the rear suspension adjusted at ride height. The SS springs are a tad different. I put the entire rear suspension together without making any cuts and the rear height was just under 8.25".
View attachment 2786

Took it all back apart and cut a 1/2 round off and it put the rear ride height at exactly 7.5" with no passengers. *THIS IS IMPORTANT TO SS BUILDERS*
View attachment 2787

Also, seats were delivered and got them installed as well as the harnesses. The stock seats were 41 lbs each and the Corbeau seats were 19 lbs each.
View attachment 2788
My height when settled is 10" is this too high for the SS/SC?

RichRich

Your from A-arms and rear control arms need to be flat when sitting in it...ride height right at apx 6"...10" with no passengers seems a bit high

PegasusFlyer

Rich, I'm in Queen Creek and VERY interested in building a Goblin. I've read this thread and you've done a phenomenal job! Would you be interested in allowing me to see your project in person and hit you up with some questions? I've yet to physically see one of these cars.

RichRich

Rich, I'm in Queen Creek and VERY interested in building a Goblin. I've read this thread and you've done a phenomenal job! Would you be interested in allowing me to see your project in person and hit you up with some questions? I've yet to physically see one of these cars.
I sold mine just over a year ago because I moved back to Alaska but I do know there is some others around. I can still answer any questions you may have. I do still pop into the forum from time to time to see the new builds and help where I can

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
:)
Hi. There are several of us in the Phoenix area who have built or are building a Goblin. BTW, I will be moving to Queen Creek before the end of this year - if my new house ever gets built.
Good to hear from you Rich.

RichRich

:)
Hi. There are several of us in the Phoenix area who have built or are building a Goblin. BTW, I will be moving to Queen Creek before the end of this year - if my new house ever gets built.
Good to hear from you Rich.
You too!! You were one of the names that popped in my head that I was gonna have him message. Glad to see you still get on the forum. Pretty hot down there right now I bet...this is the time of year that I only ever did night drives in the goblin. Been cloudy here lately, highs about 65-68