Rich's Track Goblin - 09 SS Turbo **TITLED & REGISTERED***

RichRich

Haha, yea but I think your purple is sprayed a bit lighter than mine.. Just waiting on a few parts, otherwise it would of been done a few weeks ago. Any clue what design wrap you are going with? That should individualize ours quite a bit

canyon bolieu

Probably just black somthing dark to go with it then stickers from sponsors. And yes yours has a lot of flake compared to mine, was your frame powder coated by the guys in Dallas that DF uses?

I’m still waiting on some parts also

canyon bolieu

Yeah I had mine done there too strange how they came out so different but thats one reason I like the color you can’t ever get it exactly the same

RichRich

Yea for sure, I was worried it was going to be too black. Was relieved when I saw it. I am going to have a purple wrap and didn't want too much black. Not that it is a bad thing just wouldn't pop with the wrap I have in mind

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Can you post a pic of how you routed the coolant hose that runs from the tee and over to your coolant tank?

I can't seem to find a good way without extra fittings.

RichRich

I have it in disarray right now, was putting in the new bottom to the fuse/relay box. It doesn't really flow any fluid so it should just route around the fuse box, even if slightly kinked it shouldn't affect it

RichRich

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I just ordered one. Shipping was $24. Crazy. I figure for the price, I’m saving time by not having to drive all the way to LDK and try and describe which part it is and gamble whether or not they would even be able to sell it without charging me for the entire fuse box assy.I’d rather get one now because I plan to weld mounting tabs in for the corner tab mount before I powdercoat.

RichRich

Had the goblin out yesterday for a little testing. Have the intake all done up so actually had boost this time. Wasn't even being too aggressive but still managed to get my wife to grab for a oh **** handle on a 2nd gear pull haha

Next is mounting the IC heat exchanger start wiring up the lights and blinkers

here is the shifter setup I found that keeps everything the straightest. I did trim off the front section of the shifter.
20180305_175613.jpg
20180305_184235.jpg
20180305_184218.jpg

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I was curious to see how the MAF and vacuum lines were done so thanks for showing that. Where are the IAT and breather ports at?

RichRich

Can see the IAT in the 4th pic, it's on the downpipe from the IC to the intake. Which breather port are you talking about? CCV line?
If so, that is the brass 90 right by the MAF. Don't have it hooked up yet

RichRich

Yea same thing Crankcase Ventilation system vs Positive Crankcase vent valve. I think technically you're correct, it is the PCV. Either way, yea it is right near the MAF sensor

RichRich

One important note I did not know till yesterday that I feel I should pass on, the stock tie rod end links need to be removed from the tie rods on the steering assembly and put in the rear. The new ones included in the kit are for the front.

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
One important note I did not know till yesterday that I feel I should pass on, the stock tie rod end links need to be removed from the tie rods on the steering assembly and put in the rear. The new ones included in the kit are for the front.
What is the difference between them? I used the new ones in the rear but I bought new ones for the front also.

RichRich

The stock ones are apx 1 inch longer than the ones included, it gives more threads engaged in the rear to hold the torque from the motor. On the original mock up with no alignment I engaged apx 8 full turns worth of threads. If you put the originals in the rear it will engage around 15. There is a noticeable difference in length if holding them side by side. I should of snapped a pic

Tony

Thanks for the pics, good reference. I should be right behind you as soon as I can get my DD fixed. How was the clearance between the compressor outlet and the cross brace before you put the piping in? Mine is so close, I don't even know if I'll be able to get the silicone coupler on there.