Rich's Track Goblin - 09 SS Turbo **TITLED & REGISTERED***

RichRich

There is a new adapter on the turbo outlet that replaces the stock one. Quite a bit shorter, just long enough to put a clamp on it.

Tony

There is a new adapter on the turbo outlet that replaces the stock one. Quite a bit shorter, just long enough to put a clamp on it.
Ok, cool. Haven't gotten that part yet I don't think. I'll have to dig through the latest box to make sure.

RichRich

They are extremely new, the one in the pic is actually a little too short and doesn't have room for the clamp. They have new ones made now. If you pull your stock outlet off make sure to keep the original o-ring for use in the new one

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
That's good to hear. I was thinking my frame was a one-off. Just out of curiosity, is the new outlet neck a custom one or is it from another vehicle model?

KJP

Your up close pics are going to be a life saver once I get to this point so keep up the good work!

RichRich

I've been having an issue getting the engine to run/idle smoothly with the MAF sensor plugged in. Seems to run great with it unplugged but as soon as it is plugged in, it runs like crap. I did also try a new MAF sensor, with no luck. The only thing I can think of is that the PCV line doesn't have a perfect seal. I connected the line up directly without the check valve but still no luck...

kinda gave up for the night just to give it some thought. It is definitely electronic or vacuum related because when it is unplugged it starts and runs perfectly....at a loss for today. any suggestions?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Do you have an AFR gauge? If you don’t I can’t recommend that enough. It would be interesting to watch it with and without the maf plugged in to see if there’s any difference.

RichRich

I can tell there is a huge difference even without the AFR gauge, it runs very rich when plugged in. Can see and smell it in the exhaust emitted

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Do you have your O2 sensor plugged in? Do you have any codes like P0101? When you removed the evap system, that should have left an empty port on the solenoid on the intake. Not sure if that's a vacuum line, but did you cap it?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Also, I'm not sure what kind of testing Adam/Lonny did with the intake system, but you might have to get a tune done. It's possible that the new system flows differently than stock.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I just went to the shop and pulled a stock airbox from a turbo donor. The diameter of the airbox near the MAF is 3 inches.

The MAF tube we sent you was only 2.75 inches.

This is making the ECM think it is flowing more CFM than it really is so it is compensating by adding more fuel.

We will make up some three inch MAF tubes and send one to you with a 2.75 to 3 inch 45 degree silicone elbow.

RichRich

Awesome, didn't think of that. I hope that is the problem. Was scratching my head all day while wiring up lights.

Tony

I just went to the shop and pulled a stock airbox from a turbo donor. The diameter of the airbox near the MAF is 3 inches.

The MAF tube we sent you was only 2.75 inches.

This is making the ECM think it is flowing more CFM than it really is so it is compensating by adding more fuel.

We will make up some three inch MAF tubes and send one to you with a 2.75 to 3 inch 45 degree silicone elbow.
I'll have a look at mine and see if I need one too.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I was looking over your build and had a question about your seats. Did you get the kit from DF? Or order / make your own. I looked over the pictures to see exactly how they were attached but didn't see what brackets you used.

RichRich

Yes I got the seats from DF, they are Corbeau FX1 Pro. The seat brackets were supplied from DF as well and made to fit in the goblin. They have a 3 position adjustment but no sliders which wasn't a big concern for me but it is to some.

RichRich

A few ideas but haven't given it too much thought, probably in the rear somewhere in between the fuel tank and motor. I've heard something about a mount for the supercharger water pump fits? but I haven't given it much thought other than that.

KJP

Do they use the same pump as the supercharged cars do for the heat exchanger?