Rich's Track Goblin - 09 SS Turbo **TITLED & REGISTERED***

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Curious Rich; where did you find your donor? I was looking around Phoenix and losing auctions for a couple of months before I found mine.

If you ever want to collaborate, I make it up to the Mesa area pretty frequently.

RichRich

I got it out of El Paso TX off of copart. It was actually the first one I ever bid on. I was willing to drive so I was looking within 1000 miles or so

Yea man, would definitely be down to meet up sometime

Last edited:

RichRich

So when I was installing the rear suspension today the drivers side went together perfectly with no issues....however, when I got to the passenger side I found that the stock CV axle was apx 3/4" too long. I removed both axles and the one I purchased (Drivers side) was about 1.5 to 2 inches shorter when compressed. The axle I bought to replace the damaged one was 23.5" compressed and the original was just over 25 inches compressed. I think it was a blessing in disguise though because I ended up finding out that the original axle has just a slight amount of rotational play in one of the joints.

Looks like another order from rockauto is in my near future.

20180203_181524.jpg

20180203_181427.jpg
20180202_160755.jpg

Last edited:

RichRich

They don't, just haven't taken them off yet. wrong ones were sent. Apparently the SS takes a different one. I was just mocking them up anyways, hadn't painted them

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Can you post pics of the driver/pass top engine mounts? I think I know which bolt holes to use, but I'd like to make sure.

RichRich

Now keep in mind I don't have the intake all in yet but I did call them and ask which position so I put it in according to what they said. As soon as I get my intake piping I will verify that it all fits correctly.

RichRich

Had it out the other day for it's maiden voyage!!! Everyone had a great time even though I was only able to use 2nd gear and had no turbo pressure (waiting on intake plumbing). We just went around the neighborhood a few times. Pretty sure my neighbors love me since there was no exhaust LMAO.. But none of us cared, it was ALL smiles.

But I also got the rear suspension adjusted at ride height. The SS springs are a tad different. I put the entire rear suspension together without making any cuts and the rear height was just under 8.25".
20180208_122358.jpg

Took it all back apart and cut a 1/2 round off and it put the rear ride height at exactly 7.5" with no passengers. *THIS IS IMPORTANT TO SS BUILDERS*
20180208_140420.jpg

Also, seats were delivered and got them installed as well as the harnesses. The stock seats were 41 lbs each and the Corbeau seats were 19 lbs each.
20180207_183840.jpg

Last edited:

RichRich

I did some searching on a replacement for the mounting section of my fuse/relay box. Mine was mangled pretty bad in the crash. Just in case anyone needs one I was able to find the GM part number 25974391. It is a discontinued part but there is a GM parts warehouse (wholesalegmpartsonline) that bought up all of GM's discontinued stock. I ended up paying about $80 for it including shipping.

Keep in mind this one is only for the newer SS models but thought I would post it in case anyone ever needs one.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I did some searching on a replacement for the mounting section of my fuse/relay box. Mine was mangled pretty bad in the crash. Just in case anyone needs one I was able to find the GM part number 25974391. It is a discontinued part but there is a GM parts warehouse (wholesalegmpartsonline) that bought up all of GM's discontinued stock. I ended up paying about $80 for it including shipping.

Keep in mind this one is only for the newer SS models but thought I would post it in case anyone ever needs one.
Is that the piece that also secures the PCM? If so I need one. Everywhere I looked it was discontinued.

RichRich

yes it is, I just ordered mine last night so if you wait just a bit I will be able to actually put my hands on it to visually verify that

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Question about the fuel tank install. I think the SS/TC fuel tanks are different than what's in the build video. Did you bend the mounting straps per the video? I'd have to double check, but I think it's something like 10" and 21" for one and 11" and 22" for the other.

RichRich

I mocked mine up and then bent them. They are hard to fit all the way around if they aren't pre-bent

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I noticed you took your turbo air outlet neck off in your first start video. Will there be a machined piece so that the plumbing will clear the rear cross brace?

RichRich

I honestly am not sure how the turbo plumbing will run yet. They modified the original layout of it all to allow the engine cover to go on without cutting to clear the IC. I had removed the outlet to just make it that much easier to clear everything while putting the frame on, was doing it by myself.

canyon bolieu

There can be only 1 disco purple goblin in this world one of us is going to have to re paint lol your coming along quick!