Ride in a 3XX whp Goblin

Johvans

It's ridiculous and breathtaking at the same time... This is from a guy that has ridden liter bikes all my life. Including a high 8 sec Hayabusa..

That feeling in the pit of your stomach doesn't go away.. it just keeps going and going and going.

From what Adam remembered the log showed 0-63 mph in 2.8 seconds.. pretty stout, especially for a kit car..

It was probably all the motivation I needed to turbo my LSJ. Or atleast throw a TVS on it..

That is all...

John

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Whose Goblin? I know Matt from DemolitionRanch recently dropped off his Goblin to have the turbo upgraded. His recent video said it was putting out something like 306 WHP.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yep, I'm going TVS it will easily make 300whp and it's instant power with no turbo complications. I dynoed at 223whp 218tq with a stock LSJ and 3" intake / 3" exhaust no cat.

Nuker-

Johvans

Yep, I'm going TVS it will easily make 300whp and it's instant power with no turbo complications. I dynoed at 223whp 218tq with a stock LSJ and 3" intake / 3" exhaust no cat.

Nuker-
Any dyno videos or graphs? I think I'm going to do the same. Although the constant top end that the turbo provides is pretty appealing. Lonnie is in the process of turbo'ing his LSJ (his new engine combo) and I may wait to decide until after he's done..

John

PHerder

Whose Goblin? I know Matt from DemolitionRanch recently dropped off his Goblin to have the turbo upgraded. His recent video said it was putting out something like 306 WHP.
New video from Matt and with 93 octane gas and dynoing it at 8 AM they report 323 rwhp as opposed to 91 octane gas and dynoing it in the middle of the day (temps high 90s to maybe 100?)

Johvans

New video from Matt and with 93 octane gas and dynoing it at 8 AM they report 323 rwhp as opposed to 91 octane gas and dynoing it in the middle of the day (temps high 90s to maybe 100?)
Very nice. From what Adam was saying the dyno is a heart breaker.. it definitely felt faster than 3XX whp... the only similar car I have for reference is an XP miata

(think no windshield just a body with 420 whp). It felt just as fast if not faster...

Last edited:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Should get a new graph week after next, I'm going to install the stage 2 kit with a 2.9" pulley and have a good tune done locally on 93. The goblin in stock form I was able to outrun a new vette to 100 without any issue. The Z06 did not beat by much.

Nuker-

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I wonder how extensive the tuning would be for the TVS. In my case I am thinking around a 2.9 pulley, LS4 throttle body, 60 lb. injectors, dual pass cooling, ported heads and 91 octane. If that would net 300 hp and keep IAT temps down in the summer, I would be all for it. Its still not gonna have the low-end VVT torque of an LNF, but I think it would be an unnoticeable compromise in a 1500 lb car. I have read that the TVS will pull well beyond the factory (and tuned) rpm range of the LSJ.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I don't think you are going to want an LS4 TB. The throttle is so **** touchy stock. First gear is gone in like 1 second to red line on my stock SS/SC. Also the TVS cars tune to around 315-330hp around 290-300tq pretty easy.

And let me tell you 300hp is going to be insane. It's already boarder line crazy at stock.

Nuker-

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I wonder how extensive the tuning would be for the TVS. In my case I am thinking around a 2.9 pulley, LS4 throttle body, 60 lb. injectors, dual pass cooling, ported heads and 91 octane. If that would net 300 hp and keep IAT temps down in the summer, I would be all for it. Its still not gonna have the low-end VVT torque of an LNF, but I think it would be an unnoticeable compromise in a 1500 lb car. I have read that the TVS will pull well beyond the factory (and tuned) rpm range of the LSJ.
My build is much like what you quoted. Not the TVS, but I currently have the 2.9 pulley, 60# injectors, dual pass cooling and a ZZPerformance tune to match on 93 octane. I hear the same thing about the LS4 throttle.