Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Ross

Goblin Guru
Sounds like your binding problem for which you put in the spacer, when you did your pedal box re-align, might not be resolved. Possibly pushing on the brake pedal is putting it in more of a bind and that's why you're experiencing a worsening condition. You may try loosening all of the bolts and see if that frees it up.
That was my first thought too... but I have reduced the spacer angle twice, and now are back to the original angle.
The brakes have always dragged (Since Sunday, when I started driving the goblin). I'm not sure if they dragged on the donor car too.

The master cylinder has the spring to return the pedal. It's usually pretty stout, especially if you have ever tried to bench bleed one. Either the pedal box and associated linkage is in a bind not letting it return or there is something up with the spring in the master cylinder.
If I purchase a new master brake, what years/models have the shorter master brake?
I would like for it to be away from the radiator, as long as it performs the same.

askiles

Goblin Guru
What about the pushrod alignment? I know where it sits on the pedal made a difference for me and it was hanging up. Take a look and see if it is sitting to the left of right of center and that could also be the issue.

Ross

Goblin Guru
What about the pushrod alignment? I know where it sits on the pedal made a difference for me and it was hanging up. Take a look and see if it is sitting to the left of right of center and that could also be the issue.
You are onto something here... I just checked, and my left/right alignment sucks.
Will move it over, and take it for a test drive.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Great thread, Ross! I'm not sure how I overlooked it before, but as the owner of a donor SS/SC, the info in here will be very helpful to me.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Anyone know why the car has a switch up here on the clutch pedal?
I'm considering removing this.
The lower switch is a safety which checks for the clutch to be depressed before allowing the starter to work,
but the car starts without the upper switch attached.

askiles

Goblin Guru
Anyone know why the car has a switch up here on the clutch pedal?
I'm considering removing this.
The lower switch is a safety which checks for the clutch to be depressed before allowing the starter to work,
but the car starts without the upper switch attached.

View attachment 9289
It’s for the cruise control. You will have to cut a lot of that bracket off anyways to fit under the hood. The bracket and the upper portion of the pedal that sticks up there.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Thanks guys. I will cut it off... re-attach somewhere else if I ever want cruise control.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You still need the switch. You can't start the car without the clutch pushed in. I guess you could just jump it all the time, but I don't know what other issues that will cause.

We kept a switch and kept cruise control. Actually used it the last time out to a car show since it was 25 miles of divided highway and I didn't have to worry about my foot bouncing using the cruise.

Here is what I did.

Ross

Goblin Guru
You still need the switch. You can't start the car without the clutch pushed in. I guess you could just jump it all the time, but I don't know what other issues that will cause.

We kept a switch and kept cruise control. Actually used it the last time out to a car show since it was 25 miles of divided highway and I didn't have to worry about my foot bouncing using the cruise.

Here is what I did.

Actually that is a the lower switch. The car starts without the upper switch - I already tested that.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I initially cut out my cruise control too, but I ended up wiring it back in. I'm glad I did. I find that I use it more in the Goblin than in my daily driver. I find myself constantly having to adjust my foot on the gas pedal because of the tunnel being so close by. It's not a huge deal to adjust my foot, but cruise definitely makes it nicer.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Actually that is a the lower switch. The car starts without the upper switch - I already tested that.
I was thinking there is only one on the clutch. If it starts without the switch connected, then it's looking for the N.O. connection. I was thinking that it had to see the circuit closed. I guess I was thinking along the lines that it will not start without the switch being activated. I know ours will not start unless the clutch is pushed in.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The upper switch opens with the slightest push of the clutch pedal and disengages the cruise. Sometimes in my Goblin it will disengage the cruise if I hit a rough patch of road.
I definitely use the cruise way more than I thought I would.

askiles

Goblin Guru
I was thinking there is only one on the clutch. If it starts without the switch connected, then it's looking for the N.O. connection. I was thinking that it had to see the circuit closed. I guess I was thinking along the lines that it will not start without the switch being activated. I know ours will not start unless the clutch is pushed in.
There is a lower switch on the clutch that is for starting functions. The upper is just for the cruise control.