SAI Steering axis inclination, little return-to-center action

I have (gen 2?) attachments from the upper/lower control arms to the uprights. They are the angled steel units (not machined aluminum).

I haven't measured my SAI but from my understanding it is the angle between the upper/lower control arm spherical bearings and the upright (NOT camber).
Do most other goblin owners have a lack of steering self-centering? My caster is plenty -- 10 degrees. I've used 9 degrees as well. Camber is reasonable (~1 degree negative).

If so: What are peoples thoughts on increasing SAI?
Info: I changed my wheel's backspacing (moved inboard) which affects scrub radius significantly.

Sorry for lack of forum activity -- I've been to busy having fun driving :D

George

Goblin Guru
Part of the problem is the power steering. The other is the steering rack has too much internal drag. Disconnect the steering shaft then try and move the wheel left and right by pushing and pulling on the tire. You should see a lot of resistance. There is a large nut on the bottom of the rack that holds the rack in contact with the pinion. I have removed lat nut and adjuster to remove the preload spring and just used the adjuster with out the spring to reduce drag.
Also with steering shaft connected and wheels of the ground turn the steering wheel lock to lock and see if there are any places during rotation that it binds.

Brad