(SOLD)300HP FINISHED TURBO GOBLIN FOR SALE!!! $17k!!

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
You purchased a new LNF engine during this build right? Without even doing the math I know your well over the $17k in the build. I have near $20k in mine without the engine cover, and a used engine. A supercharged donor is $1500-$2000 totalled and turbo is easily $3000-$4000.

Some people may be shy of the color but since you have built and documented so well they could tear the car apart in less then 20 hours re-powder coat for under $1500 and still be well below building the car from scratch and dealing with 200-300 hour build process and troubleshooting. My point is if I would not have built my car already I would jump on this in a millisecond.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
You purchased a new LNF engine during this build right? Without even doing the math I know your well over the $17k in the build. I have near $20k in mine without the engine cover, and a used engine. A supercharged donor is $1500-$2000 totalled and turbo is easily $3000-$4000.

Some people may be shy of the color but since you have built and documented so well they could tear the car apart in less then 20 hours re-powder coat for under $1500 and still be well below building the car from scratch and dealing with 200-300 hour build process and troubleshooting. My point is if I would not have built my car already I would jump on this in a millisecond.
I could not agree more with what you said.

RouteAbel

****, its a steal at that price and I echo ncgoblin, if I hadn't already bought a donor and ordered my kit I would jump on this.

I think you should put it on bring-a-trailer with a reserve. I bet you get your asking price and maybe more.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Price it at 19,500, buyers want to feel like they are getting a deal, and you might get more.

RichRich

Price it at 19,500, buyers want to feel like they are getting a deal, and you might get more.
I am okay with taking the loss, this was a something kind of fun for my kids as an introductory project for their journey to mechanical engineering.

If people can't see the value in this car price, they can go build one and will rapidly learn. I will sit on it at this price indefinitely.

Is the Goblin still for sale? If so where can it be seen? David.
Yes it is, it is located in Mesa, AZ

No I didnt buy a new LNF, used a donor car. The color is just a wrap so it can be removed in about 10 minutes. The frame is just an over-spray of purple and will mimic the dark or the purple depending on what color the wrap is and the amount of light outside. Darker the wrap the more the black shows to the eye.
color.jpg

Last edited:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Wow that's low. I actually looked around at getting a completed one and would have jumped on this. Glws

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
It is a bittersweet occasion. I know how much Rich liked his Goblin and I'm sure he hates to see it go...but, it has finally been sold and will be going to a new home. Been a long time coming and hope the new owner will like the Goblin as much as its first owner. Will have to let us know whom it was sold to so we can bring them into the family. :)

RichRich

It will be going to Minnesota, sometime in March-ish time frame. Think he might have a much different driving style in mind for it than I did, not sure all the specifics but there was racing mentioned. I used it to pick up my kids from school or the evening ride with the wife, definitely not to its full potential haha

RichRich

Hey Rich,

So it's sold, you just holding on to it through the cold Minnesota winter ?
That is part of it yes, have received partial payment to hold it till spring time. Not sure the guys name on here or if he is a part of the forum yet.

Zklonne

Hey all, sorry I haven’t been active on the forum, but I will be the proud new owner of Rich’s Goblin!! To say I’m excited is an absolute understatement. Have to say first, I highly appreciate Rich’s flexibility in letting me push this out to springtime to pickup. There’s a ton of things that went into it, but to make the story as short as possible (since I know there’s some curious people) - i saw my first Goblin last summer and instantly loved everything about them. I researched and was planning to build a Goblin next summer but some recent growth in my remodeling business has dwindled down my free time so building one was going to be tough. The growth also led to some expenses to support (trailers, tools, etc) AND I got married at the end of September, so we were a little drained on cash. Normally I would never ask someone to hold a vehicle, but after signing up for a car rally that a friend and I do every year (Crown Rally- if anybody knows of it or wants to look it up) we learned that our typical 1000hp Camaro was signed up for someone else in 2020. Can’t complain since it is a friend’s parent’s car, but we had no car lined up for next year and I thought “what better than a Goblin”, and what better than Rich’s Goblin that is 1) fast.. 2) immaculately built, documented, and maintained.. 3) looks just mean!. So we’re going to put it to the test right away with 1000 mile car rally from Minneapolis to Chicago and back, filled with plenty of very fast cars to compete with. It will definitely be well used and well cared for in my possession with it being the main use vehicle outside of my work truck (anybody know if they’ll be able to hand me the food at a McDonald’s drive thru?? Lol ).

So that’s my short/not so short story. Really need this winter to come and go so I can head to AZ! I probably look at the goblin pictures everyday..

-Zach

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Zach,
Welcome to the Goblin family! It is good to hear from you and know that you have great plans for Rich's Goblin - now your Goblin. You will not be disappointed, this car is a prime example of a TC Goblin. It is the reason I am building one myself. Rich took me for a ride in February and I immediately went looking for a TC donor and started ordering parts!
Looking forward to hearing from you on the forum and please make sure to ask questions if you have them.
Regards, Tim

Ross

Goblin Guru
A 1000 mile rally as your first drive? Man, you are die hard! Hope the weather cooperates with you, but I guess it is better than a motorcycle.
Love the enthusiasm! I wish my build was as far along as yours. Welcome to the family, and congrats on your new toy!

Zklonne

Thanks Tim, looking forward to catching up on the forum and seeing everyone’s builds!

The 1000 mi rally definitely won’t be the first drive! That may be a little too ballsy even for me. The rally is in late August so I will have a little time to play around after winter and make sure I have the set up ready to make the rally. Mostly “add ons” like a roof rack/top cover/potentially fab a full windshield, and rear suspension per Rich’s recommendation.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the group..

So from your to-do list is sounds like you do not want to get too wet during the rally:rolleyes:. It all sounds do able. I can only imagine that the coil overs will improve the handling for you. I haven't driven one with the stock struts to compare but I'm sure it will be an improvement.