Seats & Fitment

taz_va

Do we know which seat brands/models fit? I realize many could due to the fact you do it yourself, but I'm still trying to decide between some seat options. Knowing what will and will not work, and keeping it in a single thread, could be beneficial for future builders.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I'm wondering the same thing. Was the Goblin designed with Corbeau seats/rails in mind? Also, do the different Corbeau seat styles use the same type of mounting hardware?

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
We designed the Goblin to use the stock Cobalt seats. The stock rails grab a floor tube at the front of the seat and the rear gets bolted down (just like in the Cobalt).

Right now, the only two seats that we support are the Corbeau FX1 and Corbeau Forza Sport. These are the only two Corbeau seats (to our knowledge) that have the side mount option. Our seat brackets slip over the front seat tube and bolt down just like the stock rails. The seats fit between the brackets and bolt in from the side.

We've got some Corbeau sliders here at the shop to tinker with and fit to the car but they are not high on our priority list at this time.

I know a few guys have got other seats to work so hopefully they'll chime in.

Tony

You can check out my build thread (page 5 I think) to see how I did mine, but it's pretty easy to add cross-rails to support universal sliders.

taz_va

Tony's thread is what inspired this one actually, thanks for the input from both of you. As people try out other seat options (if that ever happens), hopefully they will post up here as well. I will likely end up going with a custom setup myself, so when I come to that point, I'll note it.

Tony

Tony's thread is what inspired this one actually, thanks for the input from both of you. As people try out other seat options (if that ever happens), hopefully they will post up here as well. I will likely end up going with a custom setup myself, so when I come to that point, I'll note it.
I can get a better picture of the seats in place once I get to that point (or before... I'll probably get impatient and want to sit in it haha) to show the fitment, but like I said - really easy. Just don't burn your garage down like I nearly did.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Tony, I think you're a tall guy like I am--6'4" or so. I'm wondering where the back of your head sits relative to the top of your seat. Then again hitting my head on the seat edge might be the least of my worries in an accident.

RichN

I bought NRG seats that recline and included the sliders.
I bought adapters that fit a Cobalt and only had to slightly modify them.
You can see them on my 1st page of my build.

Tony

Tony, I think you're a tall guy like I am--6'4" or so. I'm wondering where the back of your head sits relative to the top of your seat. Then again hitting my head on the seat edge might be the least of my worries in an accident.
I'm around 6'5, and my head hits right about where it should on the headrest on my seat. The Braum Venom seats were designed for us tall folks.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Im using the corbeau flush mount sliders. They work great. The Cobalt specific adapters will not work without sticking out through the bottom of the floorpan.

PyroGuy923

Really old thread but wanted to bump this. I got the FX1 Wide Seats from the site and they are no where close to fitting with the brackets. Is there a different set of brackets to use? Will the seats not work? They appear to be too wide and the side bolster on the top of the back is hitting the chassis.