Shadow Lou Racing, street,track,autocross Goblin

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I have never used my power steering. Even in parking lots it is not an issue at all, with the car stopped in the garage you can turn the wheel with minimal resistance.

George

Goblin Guru
I have never used my power steering. Even in parking lots it is not an issue at all, with the car stopped in the garage you can turn the wheel with minimal resistance.
JSATX,
Do your rear lower control arms go up hill to the ball joint at ride height

Brad

JSATX

Goblin Guru
JSATX,
Do your rear lower control arms go up hill to the ball joint at ride height

Brad
Sorry brad I don’t quite understand what you mean. When the car is settled the lower rear arms are level to the ground.
18229A54-48D7-410A-B7FE-F7EED7ABEBE2.jpeg

Does this help?

The bars that replace the steering mechanism are slightly angled up though.

George

Goblin Guru
Justin, that is what I wash looking for.
Got rotating mass cleaned and sent to be balanced, including aluminum flywheel. Ordered more transmission bearings. Worked on wiring again this weekend, should be done next week. Not confident it has all ben done correctly so I will not wrap harness until every thing is working.
Any one in Kansas city have a driving Goblin that could stop by my shop. George's Imports, 505 east 135th Street. KCMO cell 816-605-3833

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Nuker,
Thank you for stopping by. First time ever seeing a Goblin in the flesh. Makes me more motivated.
Brad

Nuker, I'm in PA can you come see me too??!!?? :D:D

Not that bad of a drive, not too far.... Roughly 1,000 miles (one way lol) 15-16 drive here.

George

Goblin Guru
ctuinstra if you in kc and time to stop by I am usually here Saturday and Sunday working on the car. Address and number a couple of posts up

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Finished gearbox overhaul and limited slip install. Solved issues with the wiring harness, but still not going to wrap until everything is working. Welded in threaded lugs into sub frame in preparation
to install cross bracing to keep it from deforming under hard cornering. Install oil block off sleeves for rear balance shaft bearing area.

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Finished the front oil block off for the removal of balance shafts, got rotating assemble back form being balanced took to have coatings applied. Cleaned parts and modified some. Researched wheel and tires. Saturday morning went to a Monolithic doom home that had an open house. All and all not enough

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Finished subframe cross brace. Cleaned and painted more parts. Ordered more patrs,missing the 82# valve springs. Wheels and tires will arrive next week. Fronts 16x7 with 205/55/17
Rears 16x8 with 245/45/16
Sent hubs to Texas for bolt pattern change.

Attachments

George

Goblin Guru
The offset is +38. Will not know until January if that is correct. I measured the back space of the 18"that came on the car then went to tiresize.com to find offset

Brad

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Is there going to be an issue on rear wheel to strut clearence? Or tire to strut spring seat?

Also, which lsd did you end up going with? I'm debating on dropping the money for an lsd but if so the Quaife.
I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on the OBX.

George

Goblin Guru
I do not know if there will be a cleance issue, I am sure it can be solved.
Went with the OBX. It looked to be properly machined, no chips hanging on or coarse machine marks

Brad

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
In the reviews of the OBX unit, people were mentioning replacing the washers with hardened washers?
Seemed the "washers" were too soft a material. They didn't mention what these washers were for though.

I'm thinking this LSD should be fine given it's dealing with half the weight from a Cobalt.