Shadow Lou Racing, street,track,autocross Goblin

George

Goblin Guru
I removed the power steering, silver soldiered the torque shaft solid. Removed motor and electronic. With only 600lb on front end see no need power steering. With out power steering it will get more road feel. The stiffest part of the steering movement are the new outer tie rod ends.

Brad

Last edited:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I removed the power steering, silver soldiered the torque shaft solid. Removed motor and electronic. With only 600lb on front end see no need power steering. With out power steering it will get more road feel. The stiffest part of the steering movement are the new outer tie rod ends.

Brad

I unplugged my power steering last summer and it was a ***** turning 0-5mph on hot asphalt with sticky tires!

George

Goblin Guru
The power steering is a worm gear-worm wheel setup. It basicly locks up with with out it working correctly. This is how it will feel when it fails. Car should be back on the ground Saturday if you want to check it out.

Brad

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yeah, I think I can swing by this weekend, I've been out of town the last week! You should be getting close do done now, you're cruising right along.

Nuker-

George

Goblin Guru
The coating is a heat disperant, causing better heat transfer to the air. The efficiency can be increase by as much as 20%.
It is sprayed or dipped and bake at 450F. I wanted the radiator not to be shiny silver. So I did both the radiator and heat exchanger.

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
It was done by Extreme Coating Solutions 816-381-9900 . Ask for Jim. Say "Brad at George's Imports suggested you call" If you have trouble getting a hold of him let me know.

Brad

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I really like that. I'm assuming the coat is designed for radiators, right? I would also assume it's pretty thin to not restrict the space between the fins.

I'm very tempted to yank mine off and mail it to them. Looks sharp.

George

Goblin Guru
The coating will work on any metal that you want heat to be expelled from. radiator, parts of the brake rotor(other parts get a thermal barrier) transmission engines etc.

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
The first issue is how clean is the part, mine we new never had coolant in them. The still had to have ultrasonic cleaning.
I just call the person that did mine, he said he only did mine as a favor not looking to do more. That being said you can get a similar product from Techline Coatings, spray it you self and how it cured by a powder coating company. I paid $300.00 for what I had done, the parts were new.

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
This week worked at getting surge at idle corrected, fuel pressure is steady, no codes, no vacuum leaks or pressure leaks in intake. Since the crank case vent system have been totally bypassed I drilled a hole in the throttle plate to make up the air flow that was removed.
Took to empty parking lot made so rounds.
Did a final alignment. In order to get the toe setting I wanted it was nessary to set in the car to get it correct.
Will work with HP Tuner to correct idle.
Plan to scale car this week.

Brad

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Brad,

My car was doing that BEFORE it tore it down. I read a lot on line about it and the most common cause many owners found was a dirty throttle body. So during the build I sprayed and cleaned out my throttle body completely. I started the car last weekend for the first time (and quite a few times since then just to hear it run) and absolutely no surging anymore!!! It did it the worse when the engine was cold.

The other possibility is if the injectors being too big or poor spray pattern.

George

Goblin Guru
Currently the injectors are what it came with,I have cleaned, flushed and checked spray pattern checked. The engine has ported cylinder head, ZZP stage 2 cams, ceramic coated piston tops. The throttle is clean.

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
corner weights lf 259 -- rf 255
lr 484 -- rr 509
total 1507

with driver lf 311 rf 295
lr 558 rr 537
total 1701
2007 sc with water injection mounted, larger heat exchanger at rear of car, about 6gal of gas

Brad

Last edited: