Shifter mount

Matt TT

Can anyone help with how the automatic shifter mounts up? I’ve got everything in, but the cable that runs to the transmission seems to go too far forward to match up.

Thanks in advance!

DanPerryy

Just make a loop to hold the extra behind the engine. I made my own shifter - see my post #87 that mounts on the side. I had to take up just a little extra. BTW - my shifter works really slick and is out of the way of the center tunnel.

Matt TT

Just make a loop to hold the extra behind the engine. I made my own shifter - see my post #87 that mounts on the side. I had to take up just a little extra. BTW - my shifter works really slick and is out of the way of the center tunnel.
You can put a loop in the shifter cable and it’ll still work?

DanPerryy

No, I did not mean a loop, just route the cable making a big radius curve. Tie the cable where it exits from the tunnel from the shifter and then make as big of radius curve(s) as possible to get it back to the transmission.

FYI, I pulled a transmission all apart and the transmission has spring detent to mark the various gear settings. Then only 1 mechanical linkage into the transmission itself, the park paul. The gears are electronically selected by switches in the little black box with the connector / cable running to the TCM.

Reactions: Dre