SliderR1's Track Goblin - 05 SS/SC

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
You mentioned that you were having some fitment issues with your rear stainless brake lines. Do they look like this? View attachment 4518

View attachment 4519
Adam emailed me asking if the front brake hoses they sent me were machined like the lower picture. Mine are not. I suspect he'll be mailing some out with the front centering rings.

From Adam: "If they aren't machined, you won't be able to mount the front hoses vertically so they will end up point toward the back of the car instead of up toward the upper control arm."

SliderR1

Hmm. Guess my fronts need replaced too, then. Mine are currently mounted like in Bretter's picture above. Although I'm not really sure there is a problem with them mounted that way...

Silverback

...Working on getting the brakes installed now. I am far enough along to verify my 255/40-17 tires on the 17x9.75 +25 rims do fit on the back of the car without spacers. Rear strut is installed loosely to check fitment in this picture...
After a quick mock-up without a spacer, my struts barely clear Enkei RPF-1 17x8.5 +30 offset wheels w/ 9.8" wide Bridgestone RE71 245x40ZR17 tires. YMMV

SliderR1

Do you have the DF optional coilovers? Between your tire width and offset differences, compared to mine, we are probably within a few millimeters of being the same. I haven't actually verified the actual width of the tire.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Hmm. Guess my fronts need replaced too, then. Mine are currently mounted like in Bretter's picture above. Although I'm not really sure there is a problem with them mounted that way...
From steering lock to lock, will the hose be kinked or chafe against anything?
I guess it would depend on how or where your hose is secured to the control arm.
With the hose end pointing up though and the hose secured to the control arm, the travel the hose makes from lock to lock should be slight with no risk of kinking. Hose just having to twist a little. I suppose.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Yesterday's package includes fronts as well. I figured if the rears weren't machined the fronts weren't either.
To Adam: I had only received two non-machined rubber hoses originally, which I believe are supposed to be for the front. (Which you emailed me about yesterday)
Does DF supply the machined rubber hoses for rear? If so, those I dont have.
Or am I misunderstanding? I was thinking that we were reusing the donor front hose for rear brakes. Signed, confused.:confused:

Last edited:

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I looked at my DF supplied stainless hoses this morning, and both the front and rear sets appear to have the machined face that Adam was talking about.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
To Adam: I had only received two non-machined hoses originally, which I believe are supposed to be for the front. (Which you emailed me about yesterday)
Does DF supply machined hoses for rear? If so, those I dont have.
Or am I misunderstanding? I was thinking that we were reusing the donor front hose for rear brakes. Signed, confused.:confused:
If you are running rubber hoses you will use our line at the front and the donor line at the rear. If you upgrade to stainless braided hoses we supply all four lines.

Out of curiosity, what is the length of the rear lines?
The rear stainless line is approximately the same length as the stock line because it was meant to replicate the stock line. If you want to replace your rear rubber lines with new rubber lines you just have to ask your local auto parts store for the front brake hoses from any Chevy Cobalt. Some places have an alternate part number for the SS/TC lines but we haven't found a difference between the two.

Silverback

Do you have the DF optional coilovers? Between your tire width and offset differences, compared to mine, we are probably within a few millimeters of being the same. I haven't actually verified the actual width of the tire.
Yes, they're DF's BC Racing coilovers. Nice stuff.

SliderR1

Can anyone confirm the seat belt nuts that are welded to the tunnel are M12-1.5 (fine thread)? I think my problem is from excess powder coating, just want to make sure before I run the wrong tap through it.