SliderR1's Track Goblin - 05 SS/SC

redline

I was wondering as my camber is horrible right now. ok so thats another thing to change tonight, thanks.

SliderR1

Finished up bleeding the clutch and brake lines last night. I ended up just gravity bleeding all five points and had great success.

Just a few little things to finish before it's drivable. Hopefully this weekend I can get it out and drive it.

I decided to attach the tunnel cover with rivnuts and SS M4 button head socket cap bolts. I knew it was going to come off again to finish wrapping the harness and this method was easy and worked great for me. DF's pre-drilled holes for the rivets worked great as starter holes and everything lined up very well.

IMG_4391rot.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

Last edited:

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Those rivnuts look really good. I like that a whole lot better than riveting the tunnel permanently.

Did you use the special tool to install them?

SliderR1

I did not. Since these aren't a blind installation, I just used an old M4 hex bolt in my 1/4" impact and kept the rivnut from spinning with a small pair of channel locks. Worked great.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Those rivnuts look really good. I like that a whole lot better than riveting the tunnel permanently.

Did you use the special tool to install them?
I welded nuts in because . 1. I could only find a lot of 100 rivnuts. 2. I did not have the 4mm die for my nutsert tool.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I did not. Since these aren't a blind installation, I just used an old M4 hex bolt in my 1/4" impact and kept the rivnut from spinning with a small pair of channel locks. Worked great.
Glad to hear they are easy to install without the tool. I found some smaller quantities on Amazon that weren't badly priced so I may give it a shot.

redline

can I see a closeup picture of your rear shock setup? I am curious how high up you have your springs.

SliderR1

Thanks for all the compliments - I'm still smiling. I wanted to just keep driving it yesterday but knew that I'd run into Johnny Law if I did.

can I see a closeup picture of your rear shock setup? I am curious how high up you have your springs.
I'll take some pictures for you this evening. I ended up right where Adam suggested for ride height - 3.5 inches from bottom of threading (top of strut bottom piece) to lower locking ring. This yielded a rear ride height of about 7.5".

Is your steering wheel in a good position? Looks close, but then again, I'm 6'5".
I like the position fore/aft, but not the height. I'm planning to get some spacers and longer bolts to lower it some. I'm REALLY glad I went with the detachable wheel (which added quite a bit of length). It makes getting in and out a lot easier on this track frame.

redline

Thanks for all the compliments - I'm still smiling. I wanted to just keep driving it yesterday but knew that I'd run into Johnny Law if I did.

I'll take some pictures for you this evening. I ended up right where Adam suggested for ride height - 3.5 inches from bottom of threading (top of strut bottom piece) to lower locking ring. This yielded a rear ride height of about 7.5".

I like the position fore/aft, but not the height. I'm planning to get some spacers and longer bolts to lower it some. I'm REALLY glad I went with the detachable wheel (which added quite a bit of length). It makes getting in and out a lot easier on this track frame.

I also went 3.5 inches but I had to adjust the spring up a good bit.

SliderR1

Here are some pictures:

IMG_4404.JPG

IMG_4405.JPG

IMG_4406.JPG

She settled down a little after the first drive. The measurement on the strut isn't exact - it was kinda difficult to hold the phone and tape at the same time, but you get the idea.