SliderR1's Track Goblin - 05 SS/SC

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I don't live in TN, but it might be helpful to others to post your experience in the "Registering for Road Use" forum. I didn't look real hard, but I didn't see an existing thread there.

SliderR1

I don't live in TN, but it might be helpful to others to post your experience in the "Registering for Road Use" forum. I didn't look real hard, but I didn't see an existing thread there.
I updated the TN thread with my data - thanks for the reminder.

Let us know about insurance please.
I have the old vette insured through NCM Insurance. They are a specialty car insurance provider, so getting the Goblin insured through them wasn't an issue at all. Price was very reasonable and based on an agreed value and a 3,000 mile/year plan. They have multiple options on the mileage, too.

SliderR1

Headlights installed. Went with PIAA LP270s. They are DOT approved and have a pretty good cutoff. They do not have high beams. I’m planning some sort of light bar setup for high beams.

94CE674E-0196-4711-8995-663160EB2F02.jpeg

Here are the taillights. They are going to interfere with the rear wing so I’m going to have to create a workaround for that.

96A42D1B-1B0E-437F-84D4-180904AA64BB.jpeg
8047C348-E55E-46FA-B846-7BE121349C7F.jpeg
10CDCDCD-4A1C-4F58-89EB-20C488B2C9F6.jpeg

Also drew up this license plate holder and printed it out. I’m not for sure if it’s too close to the exhaust, but it survived a 45 min drive yesterday. I need to get shorter bolts for the plate, too.
9A06CBD8-7FA9-490F-9987-54B198D56E1A.jpeg

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Great job with the license plate mount. I was just thinking about this today. Do you the ability to print it in PLA? I'll probably be hitting you up for a hard copy if you don't mind.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
You should try the Raptor PLA If you haven’t. It’s a pla that can be annealed in the oven afterwards and has a higher temp resistance and better strength.

SliderR1

Great job with the license plate mount. I was just thinking about this today. Do you the ability to print it in PLA? I'll probably be hitting you up for a hard copy if you don't mind.
Thanks - The prototype shown was printed in basic PLA. I can print one for you, no problem.

Would you be willing to share the drawings for that license plate mount?
Here is a link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3036855

You should try the Raptor PLA If you haven’t. It’s a pla that can be annealed in the oven afterwards and has a higher temp resistance and better strength.
Haven't heard of that, thanks! I'll check into it.

SliderR1

I've been slacking on updates and build progress, so here goes...

Couple things to add to this thread. I had never driven a Goblin before mine, only ridden in Lonny's for about 30 minutes or so. I didn't really realize how 'slow' mine was until I drove it one day immediately after I had driven my C7 vette. I was thinking this thing should feel at least as fast as the C7 based on power/weight ratio - and it didn't at the time.

I figured something was up with the supercharger, so I went ahead and hooked up the boost gauge. No boost. Long story short, the bypass actuator had failed (feels like a broken spring) and resulted in it being constantly open. I found a replacement on ebay and installed it. I then proceeded to take a country lap around the house and scare the living daylights out of myself! I was in a right hand corner that had a crest right in the middle of it. I didn't let off and as soon as the suspension unloaded the thing went sideways - I was counter steering like a madman and somehow kept it in between the ditches. I'm definitely going to need to learn how to drive this thing before I get to greedy with the throttle.

I've contacted a local guy about wrapping it and am supposed to meet up with him later this week for a quote.

Here are some shots of the pods I 3D printed for the AFR and boost gauges.

IMG_4678.JPG

IMG_4680.JPG

IMG_4681.JPG

Nilbog

Can you send the details on how you were able to get it titled and registered in the assembly "state" that it was? It appears you didnt have lights or any panels, windshield, fenders, etc. Just trying to learn is all, much respect though! :)

SliderR1

Can you send the details on how you were able to get it titled and registered in the assembly "state" that it was? It appears you didnt have lights or any panels, windshield, fenders, etc. Just trying to learn is all, much respect though! :)
Nilbog - sending you a PM

Balphamore

Headlights installed. Went with PIAA LP270s. They are DOT approved and have a pretty good cutoff. They do not have high beams. I’m planning some sort of light bar setup for high beams.

View attachment 4729

Here are the taillights. They are going to interfere with the rear wing so I’m going to have to create a workaround for that.

View attachment 4730View attachment 4731View attachment 4732

Also drew up this license plate holder and printed it out. I’m not for sure if it’s too close to the exhaust, but it survived a 45 min drive yesterday. I need to get shorter bolts for the plate, too.
View attachment 4733
Slider the goblin is looking good. Curious on the taillights. Did you ever think about making a new bracket. And possibly mounting them atop where the rear coil overs are?