Soon to be Goblin Builder in AZ

askiles

Goblin Guru
Hey there guys! My name is Andy, and I live in Tempe, AZ. I have just started my planning and research into my soon to be future build of a Goblin street car. I just sold my last project, so the funds are there, now it's just a matter of planning this bad boy out! I am REALLY looking forward to it! Anyways, just wanted to say hey!! I am looking forward to interacting with you all.

-Andy

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Welcome Andy! Jeff here with a slow build on a 2007 SS/SC. This is great community with very helpful experts (me not one of them). Once you buy your donor or kit, start your build log... even if it is just to keep track of what you did for your self... plus we all like to see what each other is doing. Have fun!

deuc224

Hey Andy, im new to the forum also and congrats on making this project happen. This is probably one of the best, if not the best communities ive ever been in. Everyone is so helpful and i have yet to see any negative comments on here. I really appreciate being apart of this community and look forward to everyones progress. Welcome.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Wow! There has been a lot of new builders lately!

Welcome to the forum! Make sure to start a build log on the forum. I love to watch the progress of others. You will enjoy the build and the car even more. My daughter and I just took ours out for the first ride of the season and the shake-down cruise of the new build today. Man, I still enjoy it so much. It's a bit cold at 50 degree out (and driving in shorts :rolleyes:) so the drive was short, otherwise I might have been out for hours.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hey there guys! My name is Andy, and I live in Tempe, AZ. I have just started my planning and research into my soon to be future build of a Goblin street car. I just sold my last project, so the funds are there, now it's just a matter of planning this bad boy out! I am REALLY looking forward to it! Anyways, just wanted to say hey!! I am looking forward to interacting with you all.

-Andy
Andy, welcome to the Goblin community. I am about 12 miles away in Laveen and am just getting started myself. I have been on the forum since February and have researched every aspect of the car and the build that I can find. I started my build thread just this past week:

dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/desert-sasqwatch-track-extended-08-ss-tc-lnf-f40.1003/

I just picked up my donor (2008 SS/TC) and am beginning the teardown - will be slow and methodical with photos and labeling of everything. Since we are so close I am sure we will be interacting face to face on our projects. Look forward to meeting you and helping you with questions and when and were I can with your build.

Regards, Tim

LS2GTO

Soon there will finally be enough Goblins in Arizona to have a get together. That would be fun to have one at some point.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Soon there will finally be enough Goblins in Arizona to have a get together. That would be fun to have one at some point.
And we have plenty of fun twisty roads to have an enjoyable drive to somewhere for a burger and beverage. Catalina highway up to Summerhaven would be a good drive if in the Tucson area. Route 89 from Wickenburg up to Prescott would be another great drive up here in Phoenix. Oak Creek Canyon in Sedona, Walnut Canyon in Flagstaff, Route 89A through Jerome, the list is pretty extensive for a get together in Arizona. Just need to get a few more builds completed before this can happen. :cool:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru

-Andy
Andy, have you thought about which Goblin you will be building? TC, SC or N/A; Manual or automatic; track frame or city frame? The forum members can help you with this decision by providing their experiences, likes and dislikes. The Goblin family is very good about communicating and answering your questions - there is nothing too 'dumb' to ask, since we have all been there already..

Last edited:

askiles

Goblin Guru
I actually just bought my donor. It is a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC. A guy down in Douglas had it for sale, at a STEAL! It is a running driving car registered on the road currently. Well, until now. LOL I picked it up for about the same price as a wrecked one, so I am not complaining.

Amack1970

Hey Andy, my name is Anthony. I live in Gilbert off of warner and lindsay. I just picked up my frame from the powder coaters. If you get a gob I think that will make 5 in az? Could be wrong, but welcome to the fam.

askiles

Goblin Guru
Hey Andy, my name is Anthony. I live in Gilbert off of warner and lindsay. I just picked up my frame from the powder coaters. If you get a gob I think that will make 5 in az? Could be wrong, but welcome to the fam.
I am in Tempe, Warner & Kyrene. So JUUUUUST down the road. LOL I ordered my Goblin the other day, so now the waiting game starts, and the tear down of the Cobalt begins!

Amack1970

That's great. I flew out to TX, rented a moving truck and drove stage 1 and 2 back to az. I hated the drive, but meeting lonny and adam is worth it

askiles

Goblin Guru
That's great. I flew out to TX, rented a moving truck and drove stage 1 and 2 back to az. I hated the drive, but meeting lonny and adam is worth it
I considered doing that. How much did it end up costing you to rent a truck? It shocked me the other day when I checked out pricing from UHaul.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Andy, if I ever get the funds soon to order my kit and it is close enough to being done when yours is, this could be a co-trip. I will let you know what happens when, but not sure if order the kit is doable for me just yet. Would be nice though and save both of us some money and time. :rolleyes:

askiles

Goblin Guru
Andy, if I ever get the funds soon to order my kit and it is close enough to being done when yours is, this could be a co-trip. I will let you know what happens when, but not sure if order the kit is doable for me just yet. Would be nice though and save both of us some money and time. :rolleyes:
Sounds like a plan. I think my kit will be ready to pick up around the end of May. I am going to Europe in the end of May, so I will likely be picking it up sometime in the beginning of June.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I will be sure to let Lonny and Adam know if this actually falls in place. They have been able accommodate some people in the past to have a co-pick up when 2 builders were coming from the same location. I will see what I can do to get my kit ordered very soon. It's all good.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I will be sure to let Lonny and Adam know if this actually falls in place. They have been able accommodate some people in the past to have a co-pick up when 2 builders were coming from the same location. I will see what I can do to get my kit ordered very soon. It's all good.
We did it with 4 at one time. KJP did the big trip, Then I ran to Cincinnati to get Manny's and my chassis's. Then Manny came to Pittsburgh to get his. I still not sure who got the 4th chassis.

deuc224

Hey Andy and DS, if you guys drive it , if you drive thru El Paso, ill be in on this as well, im in no rush to get mine here. Hell if its gonna be a full 16 to AZ, we can work something out to where you stay here. i was gonna ask our wound care nurse if she wanted to make a road trip to dallas and pick it up but this sounds better on my end at least.