SS/SC Coolant Reservoir

Lechlis

Searching the forums didn't return much help. Those who replaced their coolant reservoir, where did you source it from? I am having trouble finding a GM part number and the Advance Auto tank shown online is obviously wrong. I either find tanks saying they only fit the 2.2/2.4 (But looks like the one I have going off the online pictures), or they are like $80 (RockAuto). Any thoughts?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
You can find pull-offs on eBay for around $50. RockAuto has one for around $73. I think they are all the same (2.0 SC, 2.0 TC, 2.2, 2.4).

Justin

Just make sure it says that it comes with the sensor. I got one from rockauto about a year ago for $43 and it didn't have the sensor. Doesn't look like they carry it any though.

Lechlis

I don't have the coolant bottle in my hands right now to verify this, but for those who don't mind disabling the low level indication, it is likely a capacitive sensor. Meaning you could simple short the two wires together and the light would be off.

SliderR1

The base model coolant tank (cheaper one) will not work with a 2005 SS donor harness/computer. Part of the sensor is mounted in the SS coolant tank. I replaced my SS coolant tank with the cheaper base model one and I got the 'Low Coolant' warning on the DIC, even after switching out the removable part of the sensor. I think there is a more detailed post about it on here somewhere.