Steering column controls and race

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Guys. I messed up and cut the ribbon cable that I believe controls the cruise, info radio etc.
Then I messed up the bearing/race that's in the steering column. Anyone know what size bearing I need to reorder?

Has anyone incorporated those controls? I would like to be able to cycle through the settings. And I've already sourced another column for the parts.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You'll cut the connector off the end, and run the wires directly to where they need to go. That blue connector should contain wires for cruise control, info button, and horn.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
You'll cut the connector off the end, and run the wires directly to where they need to go. That blue connector should contain wires for cruise control, info button, and horn.
I'm really confused. That picture I sent has the male and female connector which then runs into the ribbon cable. If I cut the connector. I would have to hard wire it somehow?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
It's been awhile since I've done this so I don't remember exactly. The blue connector should be called your Inflatable Restraint Steering Wheel Module Coil X1. I believe that plugs into the coil springy thing. On the other end of the coil springy thing you should have a similar connector, but called X2.

In the end, you're basically removing the coil springy thing when you do your dash wires.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm working on all of that right now also. I have the wiring diagrams and everything. You will be fine without the ribbon cable. As soon as I get a little farther, I plan to post everything. It's turning out really cool.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Are there any markings on the bearing? The markings will tell you the size. Post them here if you find them.
Well i didn't have a good tool to bend the tabs back so I could slide it out. So then I was going to cut the back and push it through .but then the edges were jacked up so it got stuck. So mine is close to lost.