Steering column/wheel installation

Jonathan O'Hara

This might be a silly question because lots of people seem to have figured this out without any discussion on the forum that I could find (aside from an extensive discussion of a quick release steering wheel that went over my head). Could someone give me some hints as to how to mount the steering wheel?

I've attached a picture of the lined up parts I have (please ignore the stuff at the top in the background, though much of it will look familiar) to help anyone kind enough to enlighten me ... I also have the splined shaft sticking out of the EPS unit that I'm sure this is all going to mount to.

Thanks for any help!

steering parts.JPG

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Don't forget to install the cancel cam on the shaft. The tab points towards the turn signal while the wheel it straight.

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
How does the cancel cam install on the shaft?
With the steering wheel straight, install the cam on the shaft with the cam section pointing directly at the turn signal and centered in the turn signal. So when the wheel is turned, the cam comes out of the turn signal; then when the wheel is turned back to center, the cam comes in contact with the cancel button in the turn signal.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Can we expand on this thread to include aftermarket wheels with quick releases. Would love to see some different setups with pictures.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Can we expand on this thread to include aftermarket wheels with quick releases. Would love to see some different setups with pictures.
I just test fit our quick release system. I love the new set up. A little more room between the wheel and the turn signal. It was tight before and we kept hitting the turn signal and looked like a confused grandparent.

DSCN0041.JPG
DSCN0042.JPG
DSCN0044.JPG

Reactions: jpr