TC Engine cover

Lethalcast

I think the entire car was easier to build than fitting this engine cover. 30 cuts later I still cant even think about getting the driverside in. I took the charge pipe out and it looks like the fuse box will have to come loose and down. If this is the method save me the trouble and I'll get rid of it haha

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I think the entire car was easier to build than fitting this engine cover. 30 cuts later I still cant even think about getting the driverside in. I took the charge pipe out and it looks like the fuse box will have to come loose and down. If this is the method save me the trouble and I'll get rid of it haha
I’m sort of at a halt with my build until I get stage 3 for these reasons, lol.

Lethalcast

Ya it's impossible to get on there without removing stuff and also it runs on everything trying to put in so painting would be pointless.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I was considering running an engine cover just to cut down on the intake noise. It got to a point that I have to wear an ear plug in my right ear. Even with that, my ear still feels clogged up after driving.

I don't think I'll ever end up getting an engine cover though. It makes it a huge PITA to do simple things like checking oil or just routine visual inspections to make sure nothing is leaking, broken, etc.

Lethalcast

Ya I'm with you on the deaf ear haha. I was thinking about a half shell to mount around the top driverside of the filter. I really dont see a point in continuing with messing with mine. If it's that hard to get in then it will be super frustrating to take it in and out all the time to work on it.

RichRich

You should just have to take out the passenger side seat and the engine cover should slide in and out with very little maneuvering. I just slide mine in at an angle, drop the lip under the rear bar and it settles right in. You did cut the cover in 2 complete pieces right?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
It helps to cut the rear of engine cover off a little past the bolt holes. Matt from off the ranch cut his and it made it a lot easier to install.

Amack1970

Is there a template that could be posted of measurements so that the newbies dont have to make 30 cuts to get their covers to fit?