Temp Sensor Wiring

askiles

Goblin Guru
So when thinning the body harness, I cut out the yellow and green wire with white stripe for the ambient temp sensor. Where should these wires connect to? Which plug, which pins? The real question is, do I have to have the ambient temp sensor??? Any and all help is appreciate!!!

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I left mine in. no reason you have to cut it out. The display on the dash will show the current ambient temp (as if you didn't already know since you are exposed to it). Otherwise in that display setting you will just see "---". I would cut the large connector out and solder the wires together.

askiles

Goblin Guru
I left mine in. no reason you have to cut it out. The display on the dash will show the current ambient temp (as if you didn't already know since you are exposed to it). Otherwise in that display setting you will just see "---". I would cut the large connector out and solder the wires together.
I didn’t mean to cut it out...but I did. Lol. I figured if it wasn’t too hard it would put it back in the harness. Just have to know where. Two wires will be easy to put back in.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
It took forever to find that little stinker. So it connects to the BCM on connector C1 at PIN 67 & 70.

askiles

Goblin Guru
I found the wires and had lucky not completely cut them from the connector. Soldered the short stubs back on to the wires and I’m back in business. Thanks!!