Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

JSATX

Goblin Guru
What do you mean by die in Calendars? Not go any further?
Yes. They are frequently known to use scheduling as a weapon. Scheduling it too far out or on a day with huge budget bills so they don’t get to it. But again that’s usually only done with big time controversial bills. They’ve done that the last four years with 2nd amendment type bills here.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I'm in California, so excuse my ignorance. Who is TADA? Sounds like a bunch of real dingleberries....
Texas automobile dealers association. They are a huge political group, they shut down Tesla selling their cars directly last session. It’s all about the money.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
This is great news. Thanks for sharing and all your efforts. I hope this passes. I’m ready to get started.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I’m happy to announce HB1755 has been successfully voted out of committee and goes next to the calendar committee for floor vote scheduling.
Good news! Hope the legislators don't get sidetracked by the TACA - or whatever they are called - and this can be put to bed finally. It is ridiculous what some lawmakers dream up to create chaos and additional revenue all in the name of $$$ from someone's lobby.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
So in summary,why did they revoke them only to have a bill passed to allow them again? Why wasn't it applied more by those that revoked them in the first place?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
IF YOU LIVE IN TEXAS CALL YOUR HOUSE REP AND ASK THEM TO VOTE IN FAVOR OF HOUSE BILL 1755.

GOES TO VOTE TOMORROW AND THEN AGAIN ON THURSDAY.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
So in summary,why did they revoke them only to have a bill passed to allow them again? Why wasn't it applied more by those that revoked them in the first place?
I don’t understand the question. DMV revoked them of their own accord, not based in law. So basically it was department decision to revoke, something our bill overturns.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
IF YOU LIVE IN TEXAS CALL YOUR HOUSE REP AND ASK THEM TO VOTE IN FAVOR OF HOUSE BILL 1755.

GOES TO VOTE TOMORROW AND THEN AGAIN ON THURSDAY.
Done and done. I recently moved to a new area so my rep has changed and I don’t know him. I sent him an email and will also send my old rep an email as well.