Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I have been wanting to build one of these for a while and am getting really close to do so. I was close to my state rep(s) many years back and could have had a lot of pull on something like this. I got burnt out and have taken a break from all politics, but I may start getting involved again to get this resolved.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I have been wanting to build one of these for a while and am getting really close to do so. I was close to my state rep(s) many years back and could have had a lot of pull on something like this. I got burnt out and have taken a break from all politics, but I may start getting involved again to get this resolved.

Please follow out Facebook page: save the Texas dunebuggy / kitcar our updates are posted there fairly regularly

JSATX

Goblin Guru
We had a decently productive day at the Capitol. Of course nothing is moving as fast as any of us would like but it is certainly moving. We will continue pushing for an immediate fix and a long term fix. The immediate fix is for the department to continue issuing titles under its current rules to all the kit cars and to remove the ban on dune buggies.

The long term fix is to get it through legislation so they can never pull this kind of **** again.
E2BB379B-D35F-4C19-BAC6-2E32D8DF7D49.jpeg

Andy

Glad it seems you are making headway. I am still waiting on my title and tags going on almost 2 months now.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
We have what I hope to be the last meeting with the DMV next Friday, July 27th.

Ive in no way given up on the problem overall, but I’ve bascially given up on the DMV solving the problem. We intend to fix it with legislation regardless.

The Governers office has been involved for some time now. It’s pretty sad that that’s what it’s come to but whatever it takes is what we’ll do.

I’m so sick of meeting with the DMV. I’ve never met such a worthless bunch of bureaucrats. With that being said if anyone wants to come be miserable with me you can be invited into this next meeting.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I’m sorry I haven’t kept this thread as updated as I should have but we just received some great news. Rep Ed Thompson (who is sponsoring our bill) has just been named to the Transportation committee which is where the bill will ultimately have to pass though. I’ll try and keep better updated now that the session is underway.

aaronbuley

TBH, Any state that allows any type of 2 wheeled vehicle on the road does not have the right to call all kit cars unsafe.... What is more unsafe then zero protection. I'll take my steal bars.

Sent in some money to thegofundme too.

Nuker-
No joke... this is my thought exactly. If they want to allow motorcycles on the road, these are 100X safer. 4 wheels, cage, harness...

JSATX

Goblin Guru
The transportation committee hearing went really well. We had a lot of supporters show up and the committee members were obviously in support.

It should be voted out of the committee next Wednesday. After that it goes to Calendars, which schedules it for a floor vote. While there is a significant chance it could die in calendars, however it’s just not a controversial bill so hopefully it gets pushed right though.

Last edited: