The Daily Driver Thread

PG5

I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone has a daily driver. I guess I'll start:

2007 Suzuki Sx4 (First model year of the SX4)

Mods include:
Mystery Noise from Cylinder #1
Variable Starting
Custom Faded Hood and Roof
Radio Delete

What do you drive?

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
2016 Prius

I traded in my Scion FR-S in November since my goblin was nearing completion and I did not need 2 sports cars. Not to mention the FR-S would feel like a prius after driving the Goblin!

Nuker-

IMG_0925.JPG

Silverback

Current:
'15 Audi A7 Sport, '08 Volvo C70 convertible, and an unrestored '40 GMC 1-ton woodie wagon waiting for me to get the Goblin done.​

Going away:
'05 Volvo V70R wagon​

Gone but not forgotten:
'83 Caterham 7 Super Sprint
'61 Porsche 356B coupe
'61 VW Beetle w/ Porsche 356B engine (guess where that came from)
'85 Honda VF100R
'75 BMW R75
'67 Yetman Honda Superhawk cafe racer​

Last edited:

PHerder

2008 Cobalt LS that WAS going to be my donor!

If not it, then the 2010 Honda Insight or the 1995 GMC Extended Cab 1500, or if desperate, the wife's 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid with the hardest seats in any of our vehicles!

Tony

'05 Volvo V70R wagon, '08 Volvo C70 convertible, and an unrestored '40 GMC 1-ton woodie wagon waiting for me to get the Goblin done.
Jealous of the V70R, would love to have one.

Daily is a 98 V70XC with 232k. Tint, sound system, HID projectors, hitch, and wheels (which will be replaced in the next couple days).

And the eternal project, the Trans Am - more mods than I care to list.

Johvans

What I sold my dad so I could get the Goblin..

Daily rider.. gotta love EFI and 75 mpg..

Current daily or as the guys at work call it the grocery getter...

What I sold for the grocery getter...

SliderR1

Tony - liking the Trans Am! I have plans to drop a 6.0 LS into the Vette this winter, or at least after my Goblin is finished.

DanPerryy

Jeep Wrangler
Wife - Passat TDI
Small Motorhome (Mercedes Diesel - Sprinter chassis)
Previous favorites:
Lancia Scorpion (Monte Carlo)
Z06 - 550 at rear wheels
Several Fiat 850's Spyders (67's headlights under glass)
Bunch of Austin Healey Sprites (Bug Eyes)
Morris Minor Woody (Countryman)
Smart Car
My first - 58 Volvo PV444

Lots of dirt bikes - started with Yamaha's 250, 360, 400
then Swedish Husqvarna's (not Italian ones) 450WR, 250WR
then KTM's 250's, 450's
then street bikes - Ducati Monster
Buell Firebolt 1200
then NOBIKE - Goblin - instead of new bike

Last edited:

RichN

Alright! I gotta know, this picture seems like it has a good story to go with it!
A neighbor asked me "How many vehicles did I have in the garage?"
Everything and more was in there except the Hummer.
BTW, that razor scooter in front of the yellow car is an adult size one that I use.

FB_IMG_1445704649710.jpg

Roberts wife's daily driver 2012 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4x4
FB_IMG_1445704709481.jpg

Roberts daily driver 1999 Dodge 3500 Cummins. Ken will have to show his daily driver lol!

AleX1/9

Previous favorites:
Lancia Scorpion (Monte Carlo)
Z06 - 550 at rear wheels
Several Fiat 850's Spyders (67's headlights under glass)
Bunch of Austin Healey Sprites (Bug Eyes)
GOOD stuff in that list Dan! Love the Scorpiocarlos or X1/20 for the geeks. I've had similar stuff X1/9's, Triumph GT6, Porsche 912 and 914. Also like my Asian stuff s2000, nissan skyline, integra gsr...

My current daily is a 2013 Civic Si. and sometimes my wife's 2017 Rav4

yulolimum

This summer has been a rollercoaster for me in terms of my daily driver.

I've been dailying a Lexus IS350 for the past 2 years. Until my transmission took a **** last month. I replaced the transmission but overfilled it with fluid and the second one went out as well. Decided to park it until I calm down and fix it again.

Carbon Fiber hood
Carbon Fiber trunk
Carbon Fiber rear spoiler
Wrapped with Arlon aluminum red
Roof wrapped with 3m gloss black
Blacked out headlight housing
78Works taillights
LED rear reflectors
BC Racing coilovers
19" Ruff Racing deep dish wheels
F-Sport sway bars
LMS Intake
F -Sport Gen2 Exhaust
Invidia Midpipe
PPE Headers
75 Shot Nitrous Express Setup
Roof Spoiler
24" lower grill LED bar

After the IS350 decided that "it's not you, it's me - I need time", I reverted back to driving my Infiniti FX35. This was my first "real" car (not because a 2005 Prius isn't a real car [we aren't going to talk about it], but because I actually paid for it). This has been my back-up car for awhile and also a utility vehicle to haul **** (e.g. a donor Cobalt from Idaho).

Matte Carbon Fiber wrapped hood, roof, and accents
Oracal Metallic Blue wrapped everything else
H&R Springs
Nismo Exhaust
Dipped 20" stock wheels
H&R Spacers
Blacked out headlight housing
Custom LED rings on headlights/fog lights
Smoked head/tail lights

So, why rollercoaster you may be asking? Well, I calmed myself down and went to my brother's shop to see if I can use his lift to fix my Lexus' transmission. Upon finding an open space in his yard to park and pre-occupied with the modern advancements in technology such as texting, I put the FX in a ditch. Turns out it wasn't a parking space, but a trench overgrown with grass. Long story short, me fuming, went and purchased a Lexus ISF i have been eyeing for a while now.

INSTALLED:
KW Coilovers
20" Vossen wheels
Megan Racing control arms
F-Sport sway bars
Joe-Z intake
Sikky headers
HKS midpipe
Shorty Exhaust
TOM's GT shifter kit
DCTMS GenII (XE20) steering wheel

PURCHASED:
Seibon Carbon Fiber hood
Tom's Carbon Fiber rear diffuser
Carbon fiber front splitters
Carbon Fiber trunk
Carbon Fiber spoiler
Carbon Fiber roof spoiler
78Works taillights
3m glossy carbon fiber wrap for roof and accents
Polaris Yellow dip
Blacked out headlights with custom led tubing

Here's the sad part. Same night after the coast trip, the ISF got vandalized. I was heart-broken. Why, oh why? Thankfully, insurance is picking up the tab. About 10k in damages. My apartment is like a carbon fiber weaving facility - so many parts... I'm picking it back up in 4 weeks. Soon... Soon... Anyways, onto my next daily driver:

LITTLE TREES automotive air freshner
Top 100 Spotify playlist

I should probably get at least 1 of my cars fixed.
Anyways, sorry for the rant. I am very very pissed.

Christopher Sanchez

Thought I would try to revive this thread, as I am sure all of us love cars of all makes. I really enjoyed reading all of the posts and I am curious to see what other newer members drive..
* Black1995 3000gt Vr-4 is pretty much stock but is my favorite to daily..I had an NA auto one in high school and ever since then I wanted a VR4. The guy I bought it from inherited it from a handicapped gentleman who was planning to install hand controls and autocross it.. He had just put on huge ksport brakes all the way around with new rims and toyo tires before he died. I hope to also be in the car game right up till the end.
*Red Nissan 240sx has an SR20det swap and is fully built.. at 2600ish pounds with 350ish hp it is a lot of fun to drive.. I bought this fully modded and honestly it was an impulse buy. The guy who built it had it for 8 years and treated it as if it were his child. Unfortunately his wife made him sell it after getting pregnant with their 4th.. I feel bad cause I do not share the same appreciation for the car as the previous owner did.. and now that the goblin has taken over most of my garage the Nissan is parked out in the elements..
*1997 Silverado, an all around beater truck in which I traded a 2003 Yamaha raptor for and I swear this thing has had a rod knock for the past 2 years, it has been ran completely out of coolant on the hyway and it still keeps on kicking.. love driving something in which you do not have to worry about scratching or breaking because who cares!
*2011 Chevrolet Tahoe for my dad mobile
*Wife drives a 2016 Lincoln mkc

Looking forward to seeing other posts!

Attachments