Theeulogy's extended City frame - 06 SS/SC in WV

theeulogy

Ok, after looking at the Exocet for about 2 years, I was watching "Off the Ranch" on Youtube three months ago and stumbled across the Goblin. I was immediately drawn to it, as it is much more of a complete kit than the Exocet.

So about 2 months ago, I was able to secure my donor from Copart; a 2006 SS/SC with 113k on it for about $1250.

So today I finally placed my order; a City frame in an extended length. I called and spoke with Lonnie today, as I had many questions. Lonnie and I talked for a while and he is a great guy, and I did verify that he was in the video on the Smoking Tire. So I hung up the phone and got my Goblin ordered.

My plans with the Goblin are to make it street legal of course, and take some trips with my wife in it. I also want to use it for some track duty, I am very anxious to start racing!

Here is my donor walk around:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Grats on the doner, that's the hard part!

Hope your wife enjoys it, Mine screams to slow down every time I shift over 3500 LOL

Nuker-

theeulogy

And here is the lift, it's up but still need to install the cables, wire it up and run hydraulics.

BAR-AIR

What model is that one. Literally was in the process of trying to figure out which was a better fit for my garage. Looking at the NSS-8XLT from National Auto Tools Inc. out of Fort Worth Texas.

theeulogy

What model is that one. Literally was in the process of trying to figure out which was a better fit for my garage. Looking at the NSS-8XLT from National Auto Tools Inc. out of Fort Worth Texas.
I got the Bendpak HD-9XW, felt that Bendpak was a good brand at a good price. You will certainly need a fork truck to unload it, I got approval from my work to unload it there.

KJP

You have a nice workspace there. Glad to see some more goblins being built not too far from me.

KJP

Cincinnati not super close but there are quite a few within a few hours. We might have to do a meet up once all builds are complete.

theeulogy

Well after a long 17 hour drive from West Virginia, the Goblin is loaded up in a Ram Promaster panel van and ready for the trip back. So for future reference a Promaster van is suitable transport for a Goblin chasis, in this case a long one.

theeulogy

Got it unloaded and in the garage. I am really looking forward to starting the build here in a week.

theeulogy

The build has officially started! My son and I worked about 12 hours putting up drywall and prepping the garage for build Wednesday. It was a long day of hanging the lights back up and re mounting the tracks for the garage doors. And cleaning up the drywall scrap and dust took a few hours in itself.

So after getting things cleaned up and the lights back up I got all the cars moved back into the garage, and the cobalt back onto the lift to prep it for dissasembly

And today I had about 4 hours before going to work to work on it, so I began tearing it down. I am taking my time and labeling all connectors as I unplug them.

I was able to get the front off of it as well as starting the under hood stuff. I will work on it again tomorrow when I get up, but being on midnights this weekend progress will be slow.