Theeulogy's extended City frame - 06 SS/SC in WV

theeulogy

You are cooking right along looking good.
Let me know how the racelands are I was debating ordering some
They should be here Saturday. I am working every day on it till I get it running, trying not to get in a hurry, just work steady.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
They should be here Saturday. I am working every day on it till I get it running, trying not to get in a hurry, just work steady.
Yeah, you are moving right along I am jealous. I am picking my frame up from powder coat tomorrow. I am in between on the racelands because one review I saw said they were really bouncy. I am debating on making my own like some others have done but not really sure that's a good option too because those spring rates are too high (ebay). My car had lowering springs on it so I took the option to sell them, but really those may have been the way to go since it would be similar to cutting the coil.

theeulogy

I just never warmed up to the look of the factory struts in the back. I am hoping to get it under its own power by next weekend, that way I can get my DMV inspection scheduled. I am really itching to get it on the road, planning on driving it a bunch when the weather is cooperative.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Center the rack as much as possible. Then mount the steering wheel hub with the wheel in the center position you want. Then when you have it aligned, they will lock the steering wheel straight and align the wheels to center.

The rack has more movement left and right then what you need. As long as it's not way off center, it will still move the wheels to their stop.
What stop? Mine rub the A arms both ways. Have you figured out something to keep that from happening?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
And if your wheels rub on both left and right, your wheel width and offset combo is causing that. Need either a skinnier wheel or more offset.

theeulogy

So here are the Raceland coilovers
20180511_164411.jpg

They have no adjustment outside of the height on the springs, and the springs look nothing like the ones in the picture. But for the price I don't think anything else would be much better. I don't really think I could recommend these, just spend a little more and get something better.
20180511_181330.jpg

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Gotcha. Weird that the springs are rounded like the cheaper set they offer and not as pictured. I guess after hearing that your not so happy I will go with some stock ones. My donor had a set with lowering springs on then that I sold.

theeulogy

Are you keeping that mint green spring color? Please say no. :) No offense if that's the theme you're going for.
I am going to get different springs, may get them from Qa1. I haven't even decided to keep these, the box stated 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. I am not 100 percent.

theeulogy

I called them a month ago and the guy I talked to wouldn't split them, but 50 bucks is hardly worth it. I'll try to sell the rears on the cobalt forum. I'll probably run these for a while and keep an eye out for set of better ones on the Cobalt forum.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I called them a month ago and the guy I talked to wouldn't split them, but 50 bucks is hardly worth it. I'll try to sell the rears on the cobalt forum. I'll probably run these for a while and keep an eye out for set of better ones on the Cobalt forum.
If you aren't happy. I'd just send them back for a refund. You could easily but a new set and lowering springs for the same price. Or make your own.