Theeulogy's extended City frame - 06 SS/SC in WV

theeulogy

Bought it new 2 years ago. I was looking at a Camaro, but having a young daughter this was a much better fit. I had a G8 GXP before this, so I was very familiar with the platform.

theeulogy

Well didn't get a whole lot done this weekend, but I was able to get rid of the shell. I got $114 out of it and with all the scrap parts inside it it weighed 1200 lbs.

I was also able to get started on the wiring, got the tape off the dash harness and started thinning it down.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get some more done. I am really excited to start putting it together, really ready to be done with all the prep work.

theeulogy

OK, I am working on the body harness. The video doesnt go into what to do with the ABS stuff. Are we removing the ABS computer and eliminating the wiring?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Remove the ABS plug and all of it's wires except for the tan/tan black twisted data wires that run between the ECM and the ABS plug. It is about 2 feet long.

These will eventually get extended and hooked to a set of data wires that are on your dash harness.

Cut the data wires at the ABS plug only and leave the other end attached to the ECM. There is another set of data wires coming out of the ABS plug that go to a very large plug that hooks to your dash harness. This set of data wires get removed. This set of data wires is about 10 feet long.

Last edited:

theeulogy

I spent the day today prepping parts for paint, and painting. I cut down the springs and spent the last 5 hours of the day on the body harness.

The videos are very helpful, I put cling wrap over the keyboard of my laptop and had the video going during the process. It is worth noting that the video is a non ABS car, and there are some differences. Also my car is a very early model 2006, and some of the wiring was a bit different, as I do not have Onstar equipped vehicle.

I am hoping tomorrow to finish up the wiring and be ready to start assembly Wednesday.

theeulogy

Rolling right along today, I just finished video 11. I have a connecter that I am unsure of

Also, is there a reason that I would not have a current sensor?

Tony

Rolling right along today, I just finished video 11. I have a connecter that I am unsure of

Also, is there a reason that I would not have a current sensor?
SS models don't have the current sensor, and that connector is your factory subwoofer.

theeulogy

Getting ready to start video 14, I am wondering if this blue conector is my fob connector. My donor did not come with a fob, and I though it didnt have one.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Can you trace the wires back to the large connectors on the BCM? If you know the pin number one of the large connectors, I can tell you what that wire is. It helps to have the color of the wire to confirm.

theeulogy

Can you trace the wires back to the large connectors on the BCM? If you know the pin number one of the large connectors, I can tell you what that wire is. It helps to have the color of the wire to confirm.
Is there pinout diagrams somewhere, that would make things a lot easier.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
There is a link on here somewhere to a manual. I saved the link but I don't remember where it was. I'll see if I can find it

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Check out post 67 on my build. I think the connector you are referencing is the one i have pictured, which goes to the speakers.

theeulogy

Hopefully this is my last wiring question, but here it goes. I am eliminating the large connector in video 14 and I only have this wire on the fuse box side, the light green one bent to an anlge. What does this wire go to?