Tim's Extended Track Lower Entry - 10 SS/Tc *REGISTERED*

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Nice lights! Good pattern! Just out of curiosity, are they DOT approved (silly Calif. question...)
Love hearing the turbo whistle! Were the bugs tasty? LOL

Tim Moland

Nice lights! Good pattern! Just out of curiosity, are they DOT approved (silly Calif. question...)
Love hearing the turbo whistle! Were the bugs tasty? LOL
These are the headlights that DF sells. I assume they are DOT approved, but I can not find any info on them when I look them up.

Tim Moland

I also installed my seat belts today. I went with the original cobalt setup. Pretty straight forward, but here are some pics in case anyone has questions.
20190527_011241.jpg
20190527_011251.jpg
20190527_011317.jpg

Ross

Goblin Guru
I tried to leave the shoulder bolt and the lap bolt loose on the seat belt retainer - the same as the stock Cobalt seat belts. That allows them to change angles as the seat slides forward and back. I haven't figured out the lap belt bolt yet...but I could lock it down like you did.

Tim Moland

The bolts on the main unit are tightened down. The shoulder bolt and bottom bolt have self locking nuts, so they are tightened all the way, then backed off enough for the bolts to rotate by hand. This allows them to rotate freely.

Tim Moland

Started working on the hood tonight. Got it located and riveted on the front bracket. I decided when I ordered my kit that I wanted to install the NACA ducts on the inside of the hood to give it a smoother look. I ordered it without any cut outs so I had more options. So far I have located the ducts and made rough cut outs. Next I plan to adhere the ducts to the hood with adhesive and flush mount rivets from the outside.
20190530_021240.jpg
20190530_021255.jpg

Tim Moland

Hey guys, I wanted to post this picture a while back but forgot. When I was attaching my shifter cables to the transmission bracket, I noticed the passenger side cable did not head in the right direction to meet the shift lever. This caused unnecessary binding of the cable. So I made up a couple of wedges to go on each side of the bracket to change the angle of that cable. It turned out pretty good.
20190521_234047.jpg
20190521_234030.jpg

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Hey guys, I wanted to post this picture a while back but forgot. When I was attaching my shifter cables to the transmission bracket, I noticed the passenger side cable did not head in the right direction to meet the shift lever. This caused unnecessary binding of the cable. So I made up a couple of wedges to go on each side of the bracket to change the angle of that cable. It turned out pretty good.
Yeah I need to do the same...Maybe itll make it smoother

Ross

Goblin Guru
View attachment 8789View attachment 8790
My attempt at reducing cable stress.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
That's great. I have a slight hate for you though ;) Lol.

I am at 6 weeks and 6 days waiting for my paperwork to come back from the state.

Tim Moland

That's great. I have a slight hate for you though ;) Lol.

I am at 6 weeks and 6 days waiting for my paperwork to come back from the state.
I know. I've been reading your posts. I thought it would be the same for me. Turns out, in Kansas, it is very easy to register. I called the inspection station to make an appointment, got to talking to them about how to get the car to them. The officer says, "On rare occasions, we make house calls. How about tomorrow morning?" Blew my mind. He showed up, checked the VIN on the motor to make sure it matched my Paperwork, checked for blinkers, brakes, and horn and then did the paperwork. They even used the DF frame number plate as my VIN, so I didn't have to attach another plate. Found some cheap liability insurance through progressive (til I find some full coverage) and went and got my tag. The whole experience was less then three hours. This was the part of the build I was most nervous about, and it couldn't have gone easier!

Tim Moland

Downloaded an app called DragRacer. It's fun to go out and see what your car can really do. It uses GPS to track you. I have no idea if it is accurate, but it seems consistent. Here is my best run so far. I still need to try the No Lift Shift for a faster time.
Screenshot_20190626-000203_Drag Racer.jpg

grantcropper

Turbo fuel pump orientation

Sorry if I haven't looked hard enough - Lonny, Adam said you guys were putting some more videos together for turbo builds. Is there any content that you have put together that is accessible on this forum not already uploaded with the original videos?