Tim's Extended Track Lower Entry - 10 SS/Tc *REGISTERED*

Tim Moland

Installed a "glove compartment" tonight. I bought a back pack, cut a metal sheet that fits the inside for something to rivet to. I then riveted it to the footwell cover. I also made another sheet of metal that fits in the bottom of the back pack to keep it flat instead of drooping down when it gets full of junk. It tucks away nicely and is not in the way of the passenger's feet.
20190710_232219.jpg
20190711_000552.jpg
20190711_000724.jpg
20190711_000754.jpg
20190711_002750.jpg
20190711_002834.jpg

Christopher Sanchez

Installed a "glove compartment" tonight. I bought a back pack, cut a metal sheet that fits the inside for something to rivet to. I then riveted it to the footwell cover. I also made another sheet of metal that fits in the bottom of the back pack to keep it flat instead of drooping down when it gets full of junk. It tucks away nicely and is not in the way of the passenger's feet.
View attachment 9378View attachment 9379View attachment 9380View attachment 9381View attachment 9382View attachment 9383
Wish I could have left two thumbs up. Great idea

Tim Moland

Saturday was dyno day at a local shop. Ok, let's see what this thing makes!
20190722_000707.jpg

This is a SS/TC motor with a trifecta 23psi tune on 91 octane. I also wanted to share my latest run on the DragRacer app. Take it for what it's worth. I have no idea if it is accurate, but I have no other way of testing my Goblin.
Screenshot_20190714-182440_Drag Racer.jpg
Screenshot_20190714-182734_Drag Racer.jpg

Christopher Sanchez

Very cool stuff. These things will hook on the launch no matter where you are at! Was it remotely tuned by trifecta? How much did it cost you? Mine is still currently running stock tune. where I can feel it the most is in 2nd gear the ecm really pulls power at the bottom of 2nd, probably designed to help the FWD cobalts hook better.

Tim Moland

Very cool stuff. These things will hook on the launch no matter where you are at! Was it remotely tuned by trifecta? How much did it cost you? Mine is still currently running stock tune. where I can feel it the most is in 2nd gear the ecm really pulls power at the bottom of 2nd, probably designed to help the FWD cobalts hook better.
I bought my cobalt with the tune already done to it. I know very little about trifecta other than what I have read online. I need to get in contact with them to see if they can tame the throttle response down to eliminate the lurching in first and second gear. I hear that once they tune your car, the ecm is locked down and cannot be tuned by other sources like HP Tuners. So be aware of that.

Last edited:

RouteAbel

Tim, great build.

Can I ask how tall you are? I'm thinking about getting a frame just like yours Track, Easy Entry, Extended. Only wavering on standard vs. extended. I'm 6' and a bigger build so thinking the extended is the way to go.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Tim, great build.

Can I ask how tall you are? I'm thinking about getting a frame just like yours Track, Easy Entry, Extended. Only wavering on standard vs. extended. I'm 6' and a bigger build so thinking the extended is the way to go.
Not to jump in. But I say go extended. I have a standard length and I am cramped on longer drives at 6'0". I sat in a extended this weekend oh what a difference much more comfortable for me

Tim Moland

Tim, great build.

I am 6'3" 300 lbs and I fit in the extended well. It just fits really comfortably. I tried fitting in the non-extended, and it was comical how much I didn't fit in it.
Resized_20171120_111808.jpg

Notice where the steering wheel should go. No way I was fitting!

askiles

Goblin Guru
Tim, great build.

I am 6'-1" tall, 220lbs, muscular build. I have the standard length frame, and am glad I went that route. I have my NRG seat all the way back, and the pedal placement is great. If I were any further back it would not work so well.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Guess it depends on you and $$$. I have extended, I'm 5'10.5" tall. I don't have my seat all the way back, but do enjoy using the storage space behind the seats, and the longer wheelbase, which makes the steering a little less twitchy. Not sure if the length helps the front/rear weight distribution. I have stock seats on the stock sliders.

Tim Moland

Saturday was dyno day at a local shop. Ok, let's see what this thing makes!
View attachment 9471
This is a SS/TC motor with a trifecta 23psi tune on 91 octane. I also wanted to share my latest run on the DragRacer app. Take it for what it's worth. I have no idea if it is accurate, but I have no other way of testing my Goblin.
View attachment 9472View attachment 9473
OK, I'm going to call myself out. This DragRacer app is complete bulls#!T!!! When I went out and ran my car the other day, it was consistently getting 0-60 times of 2.9 seconds. Tonight I go out, and as hard as I try, with perfect shifts, 3.5 seconds is the best I can muster. I'm pretty sure this app has good days and bad days. Sorry for the misinformation. I guess I need to start saving for more horsepower if I want sub 3 second 0-60 times.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
OK, I'm going to call myself out. This DragRacer app is complete bulls#!T!!! When I went out and ran my car the other day, it was consistently getting 0-60 times of 2.9 seconds. Tonight I go out, and as hard as I try, with perfect shifts, 3.5 seconds is the best I can muster. I'm pretty sure this app has good days and bad days. Sorry for the misinformation. I guess I need to start saving for more horsepower if I want sub 3 second 0-60 times.
All GPS based information. I can watch my gps on the torque app be sitting still in neutral with the brake on bounce between 0-4mph. On my go pro I watched it jump 15mph in a split second. None of them are completely accurate. But are a decent ballpark time.

My 2.2 N/A is not anywhere near the 4.+ second time that I was hoping for Partly because of my shifting ( fear of that redline had bad things happen before. And not ready to upgrade engines yet) also it has the fuel efficient XFE gears in it.

aaronbuley

Still great tome though!
Weather difference between those days? Road difference?

Tim Moland

The weather didn't seem to play into it at all and the roads were comparable. The 2.9 runs were actually done on two different days, in the exact same spot, during the day, and also at night. I even had my buddy download the app and check with his phone. That's why I was confident it's correct. Then I go out last night and can not duplicate it for nothing. I actually believed it was a sub 3 second car. Online calculators agreed with me on that also.
Screenshot_20190714-191839_Samsung Internet.jpg

Of course this didn't include me in the weight figure. But then again, I was getting the same time with me by myself and with my friend riding with me. Stupid internet /apps!