Tim's Extended Track Lower Entry - 10 SS/Tc *REGISTERED*

Christopher Sanchez

They are! I'm kicking myself in the ass cause i let my stock seats go for nothing! Where did you buy your wrap from? also how hard was it to do yourself? I purchased some flat pearl white wrap from vvivid and did the side panels with ease but have been putting off the hood after hearing from other members that its a headache.

Tim Moland

I bought mine at vvivid also. Use a heat gun to get it pliable when going around curves. Be careful to not get it too hot!! It will stretch to its limit and then it will not be easy to work with. Hit it with heat for a second or two, then stretch it while working it down with a squeegy. On the hood, we put the whole piece on at the same time. Start in the middle and work to one side, then go back to middle and do the other side. The vinyl is surprisingly pliable with heat. If you get an air bubble, reach under the vinyl with your fingers and pop it loose, and try again. We were able to wrap the vinyl around the nose and around to the inside. The only other piece of vinyl we put on was the bottom part of the nose, just because the main wrap could not go all the way around the bottom. We put that piece on first. It took us about 3 hrs to do the hood. I recommend doing it off the car, on a saw horse or something.

Tim Moland

I installed the front window tonight. I'm not a huge fan of the design, but it's growing on me. I was hoping I could lean the window back to make it more aerodynamic, but that just turned out to be impossible with the bracket from DF. I do have to admit, the windshield completely changes the car. I can now drive 100mph down the highway without safety glasses on(not that I would recommend that). The air is very stagnant behind the windshield.
20190731_235915.jpg
20190731_235935.jpg
20190731_235954.jpg

Christopher Sanchez

Yes the windshield makes the car tolerable to drive especially when it’s a bit cold out.. what I have noticed after installing my windshield is that both the cabin air and the engine (compartment) air are very stagnant. I have the side panels installed... I plan on eventually installing closeable vents at the passengers feet to allow fresh air to circulate. Also I would like to instal some naca ducts on the rear portion of the side panels with some tubing plumbed to the rear to help lower air temps. Do you have harnesses installed yet? Doing 100mph with your modified low entry frame without belts?? Haha

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I have the windshield but I've never put it on. I tend to wear a helmet most of the time anyway so the wind isn't bad. My wife hates riding in the wind so we both have full-faced helmets with intercoms. It makes her happy and she wants to go on trips now so I rolling with it.

BTW, that hood and grill look really awesome!

Tim Moland

Yes the windshield makes the car tolerable to drive especially when it’s a bit cold out.. what I have noticed after installing my windshield is that both the cabin air and the engine (compartment) air are very stagnant. I have the side panels installed... I plan on eventually installing closeable vents at the passengers feet to allow fresh air to circulate. Also I would like to instal some naca ducts on the rear portion of the side panels with some tubing plumbed to the rear to help lower air temps. Do you have harnesses installed yet? Doing 100mph with your modified low entry frame without belts?? Haha
I am using the stock cobalt seat belts. I do most of my driving late (11pm - 2am). Without the windshield, even on a 100 degree day, you almost need a hoodie to keep the chill off. Now with the windshield, the engine heat circles back and makes it almost hot! I'm not sure I'm going to like that when driving during the day time in the summer. I wish the windshield had a slide vent like some of the motorcycle windscreens.

Tim Moland

I have the windshield but I've never put it on. I tend to wear a helmet most of the time anyway so the wind isn't bad. My wife hates riding in the wind so we both have full-faced helmets with intercoms. It makes her happy and she wants to go on trips now so I rolling with it.

BTW, that hood and grill look really awesome!
I was the same way. I loved driving in town without the windshield. We bought intercom helmets as well for highway driving. The reason I put the windshield on was because when I did drive on the highway(75mph) the helmet would move around a lot in the wind. After a while, my neck would get tired of trying to steady the helmet. Not to mention the wind trying to twist your head off when you do a shoulder check when switching lanes. Plus, with our helmets, on the highway, the wind noise was so great that you could hear the other person taking, but it was hard to understand them. Now I can talk to my passenger without the helmet on. Huge difference! You should try it.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Started working on the hood tonight. Got it located and riveted on the front bracket. I decided when I ordered my kit that I wanted to install the NACA ducts on the inside of the hood to give it a smoother look. I ordered it without any cut outs so I had more options. So far I have located the ducts and made rough cut outs. Next I plan to adhere the ducts to the hood with adhesive and flush mount rivets from the outside.
View attachment 8768View attachment 8769
Love how your Goblin is taking shape! Your last photos show the ducts and I then found this post, sorry it's a bit late for this question. Given it's open wheel (so it's probably not cooling the brakes) and the engine is in the back, are these ducts functional or just aesthetic? Do they vent to the cabin? Thank in advance!

DCMoney

Goblin Guru

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
They are! I'm kicking myself in the ass cause i let my stock seats go for nothing! Where did you buy your wrap from? also how hard was it to do yourself? I purchased some flat pearl white wrap from vvivid and did the side panels with ease but have been putting off the hood after hearing from other members that its a headache.
What'd you sell your seats for? I have mine listed for $850, because they're on ebay ranging from $600 to $1,000 and figured if they sold for that much i'd be silly to not test the waters. I originally wanted to reuse them for my kit, but so many people have asked about them. I think the majority of people asking are hoping to get them for dirt cheap, though, because no one's interested now that I have a price on them.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
$850 for used stock seats? Good luck at that price. I think I sold mine for something like $200 for the pair. They went pretty quickly which tells me I probably could have gotten a bit more, but I was more interested in getting rid of them than the monetary return.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
$850 for used stock seats? Good luck at that price. I think I sold mine for something like $200 for the pair. They went pretty quickly which tells me I probably could have gotten a bit more, but I was more interested in getting rid of them than the monetary return.
Wishful thinking, maybe, but they're on eBay for similar prices and since they're super clean black on black everyone wants them. I can always go down and let someone feel like they got a deal, or reuse them and not have to buy new seats. I don't want to leave money on the table with an item that I don't have to sell. 200$ for a pair of seats is incredibly low. I think a realistic number is $600-ish but I can't expect to get that if I don't start high and let someone haggle me down. If I do sell them, I want it to be worth my time. I'd rather reuse them than to sell for peanuts.

Christopher Sanchez

What'd you sell your seats for? I have mine listed for $850, because they're on ebay ranging from $600 to $1,000 and figured if they sold for that much i'd be silly to not test the waters. I originally wanted to reuse them for my kit, but so many people have asked about them. I think the majority of people asking are hoping to get them for dirt cheap, though, because no one's interested now that I have a price on them.
Mine had rips and cigarette burns and ended up selling at my brother's garage sell for $40 for the pair. There is not really a market in the town i live in and they are to big to sell on ebay.